Complaint Review: International Merchandise Group

• Submitted: Thu, March 17, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, May 10, 2005

• Reported By:Cody Wyoming
International Merchandise Group
1701 Wynkoop St #222 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

International Merchandise Group - Mike Morgan - Brad Burke - Dennis Kozar - Kevin Spears - Mike Sullivan LIARS, Scam Artists, Cheats, Thieves ripoff will not return calls or provide agreed upon services Denver Colorado

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact the FTC

*Consumer Comment: IMG References

*Consumer Comment: References I called the same exact references and a few more. I experienced the same results

*Consumer Suggestion: Well, first I'd forget about buying any more businesses.

*Author of original report: These are the "REFERENCES" I was supposed to contact

On September 2003 I entered into an affiliate agreement with International Merchadise Group (IMG), with an initial fee of $7450.00 and a $210.00 payment for dues for 2004 & 2005. Per the signed agreement I was to receive ongoing training, and customized, hands-on training with a personal mentor. My original mentor left IMG and I wa neither notified, nor given a new mentor; this was definately substandard and inadequate service.

I have tried to contact the company via email and telephone approximately 20 times. Lines are constantly busy and there is no response to emails. In the agreement I was also given toll free, unlimited access to support staff via the phone and/or fax - I am unable to get through to the company.

I have filed an official complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Colorado, and they are doing what they can, but there is no longer a valid address. WHAT should we do?

Brett
Cody, Wyoming

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2005 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Merchandise-Group/Denver-Colorado-80202/International-Merchandise-Group-Mike-Morgan-Brad-Burke-Dennis-Kozar-Kevin-Spears--135445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Merchandise Group

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact the FTC

AUTHOR: Kristi - (U.S.A.)

You need to file a complaint with the FTC first and go from there. I was just involved with a huge scam by AED and the video machines and it was the FTC who shut them down and is not going after them.

In addition you can contact the justice department to go after a criminal prosecution and or the postal inspector who can also go after them criminally. I'm sure they were sending fraudulent information thru the mail.

IMG References

AUTHOR: Virginia - (U.S.A.)

I also contacted the same references in October & November 2003 - all phones were valid then. There were no reports on the web about IMG that I could find at that time. I guess they hadn't been using the IMG name for long at that time.

I tried contacting several of the contacts again last spring when I could not get answers to my questions from my mentor at IMG. Several phones were disconnected then and where I had been able to leave messages no one returned by calling my toll free number. My mentor got very upset when I mentioned that I had tried to contact the references again.

I'm not sure this covers all the companies noted above but there is a posting further down that says you should check out http://www.robbevans.com/pdf/worldtaorder01.pdf I am going to do that as soon as I finish this posting.

AUTHOR: Janet - (U.S.A.)

I called the same exact references and a few more. I experienced the same results. Have you tried calling any of them in the past week? Guess what??? None of the numbers are in service. They are either disconnected or belong to other people/companies. Interesting, don't you think, that ALL the references can no longer be contacted. Even the ones who supposedly had been doing business with IMG right from the start 2,3 and even 4 yrs ago. We were had!!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Well, first I'd forget about buying any more businesses.

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

You see, anyone who can't spot this resale con is another loss waiting to happen.

Building your own business would have been much better for you. Pick something you're familiar and run with it.

Instead, people always try to buy a business concept from someone else. It usually ends up exactly like this.

Sadly, there's not much you can do. And, the chances of getting your money back are about the same as winning the lottery.

Here's what I would do. I'd find the person running the fraud. I'd run down to Colorado and have some fun with him. Eventually, he'd see the error of his ways and give my money back.

But, that's me. I make friends easy. That's the kind of guy I am.

I don't recommend that you do that because you'll either get yourself killed or arrested. Frauds don't just hand your money back right away. You first need to use a drill to convince them. It's no place for amateurs or people with weak stomachs.

Search google for the words Project Biz Opp Flop. The feds just busted a bunch of these fake business cons. You can file reports with all the same agencies.

As for your money, well, let's just say you got a good start on next years business losses come tax time.

That's the reality. Buying things from strangers is a gamble. People who don't even understand the rules of the game have virtually no chance of ever winning.

Do this. Go to the library and read books on starting your own business. Then, build something of your own. Do not try to buy some nonsense that a fraud put together. If you have any funds left, perhaps you can build a business. Even though most small businesses fail, at least you have a better chance than trying to buy something from a fraud.

By the way, don't feel bad that you failed at this international nonsense. It was fraud right from the start. You never had a chance in the world of being successful. You were being played for a fool the whole time.

These are the "REFERENCES" I was supposed to contact

AUTHOR: Brett - (U.S.A.)

Judy Abaloff-TX, Ron Johnson-CA, Elliott Bragg-CO, Abby & Curtis Baker-LA, George Cumming-AZ, Thomas McMillan-PA, Maria & David Thompson-NC, Jim Stevenson-NY, Bill Tinkle-FL, Laurie & Larry Beauman-KY

Several of these people were friendly, and helpful, but they probably got their own supplier and buyers without relying on IMG. Mr. Tinkle was NOT a nice person. Several of the numbers were not even in service right when IMG gave us the lists either.