Complaint Review: International Merchandise Group

• Submitted: Sat, March 19, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, March 25, 2005

• Reported By:islip New York
International Merchandise Group
1701 Wynkoop St Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

International Merchandise Group ripoff Denver Colorado

*Consumer Suggestion: Many in the same boat

I Started my IMG venture October 2003. I paid $7450 for a buisness that was to include extensive training, and life time mentoring. I do not believe that what I received was worth $7450. I was told I also needed to get two additional phone lines plus an 800 number. I was paying bills to a business that wasn't going anywhere. The training I recieved was over the phone and through email, but was basically word for word from the photo copied manuals they had sent me. I was also told that the calls I would be making were not going to be cold call when in fact they were. The latest issue I have come across is that I am unabe to get onto the merchandise web page and unable to contact my mentor. I do not know what is going on but I think I may have been scammed for a lot of money.

Michael
islip, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2005 07:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Merchandise-Group/Denver-Colorado-80202/International-Merchandise-Group-ripoff-Denver-Colorado-135614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Merchandise Group

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Many in the same boat

AUTHOR: Jodie - (U.S.A.)

Michael: You were scammed (I believe) with alot of us. I received the same exact lack of training, manuals, mentoring, etc. I filed a complaint with the FTC, Denver BBB, the US Attorney General and FCC. I have received responses, but no real relief. I would start with each of these entities. The FCC will send several other links, including your states Attorney General's office. I have heard there are online chats and petitions, but I do not think this site is allowed to list those by law. Good luck (to us all!)