Complaint Review: International Merchandise Group

• Submitted: Tue, March 22, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, March 23, 2005

• Reported By:Roberts Idaho
International Merchandise Group
1600 Broadway Ste. 2400 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

International Merchandise Group ripoff I have not made a dime on this business & have worked very hard. Please help me get my money back. Calls, letters, emails unanswered! Denver Colorado

*Consumer Suggestion: Web Site to report IMG you can fill a complaint online. Spread the word.

*Consumer Suggestion: International Merchandise Group - you need to file reports against this company

The ad said, You can do this business from home in 10 hrs a week w/great mentoring to help you during the life of the business, no sales. This it is not true. I worked hard & could not make it. They had to expensive & old merchandise, I had enormous problems w/them.

I am looking for some help. I bought into International Merchandise Group as an affiliate using just about all of our retirement in March, 2004. It cost me 7,400 plus the yearly fees of 210, (discounted if paid in 1 lump sum). I have written them a letter and sent it to IMG at the Denver, Colorado address and it came back No Such Address.

I have been trying to call them since 1st part of January, 2005 and their phones have been busy. I wrote them a letter to ask for my money back, obviously to no avail. I have not made a dime on this business and have worked really hard. The ad said, You can do this business from home in just 10 hours a week with great mentoring to help you throughout the entirety of the business and there is no sales involved. I am here to say that it is not true.

I have tried and tried and could not make it work. I have had a huge amount of problems not only trying to sell their expensive, old merchandise, but also with the mentoring and services. They were slow to answer e-mails and sometimes not at all. The mentor sent me an e-mail that basically implied that I was just stupid. They did not deliver what they promised. Their merchandise has been on their PALS' list since I bought the business in March of 2004.

One of my clients said, Your inventory is really over priced. If anyone knows what I can do to get my money back, please let me know. I am making payments on the money I took out and am extremely financially strapped because of it.

Elisabeth
Idaho Falls, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2005 10:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Merchandise-Group/Denver-Colorado-80202/International-Merchandise-Group-ripoff-I-have-not-made-a-dime-on-this-business-have-work-136087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Merchandise Group

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Web Site to report IMG you can fill a complaint online. Spread the word.

AUTHOR: Dorie - (U.S.A.)

I got alot of information from this website and actually found it by accident. I contacted the BBB of Denver who told me that the company was shut down and that I needed to file a claim with the FTC. Here is the website www.ftc.gov; you can fill a complaint online. Spread the word.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

International Merchandise Group - you need to file reports against this company

AUTHOR: Renee - (Canada)

There are a lot of us who got scammed by this company. You must file a report with the FTC and the FBI. I received a phone call last week from a detective in Nevada. He told me that only 5 people scammed by International Merchandise Group had filed reports with the FTC.

Between IMG, Global Connection, World Traders, Musketeer Partners, United Traders, Trans-Global Connection, Fulfillment Options, the Fidlers, Shannon Holden, the Klotthors, Scott Rinaldo, not to mention the salespersons and the mentors who were all part of this elaborate scam, they have taken $30,000,000 from innocent people.

Please get your reports filed so these scumbags all go to jail.