Complaint Review: International Product Register

• Submitted: Sun, December 23, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, November 27, 2010

• Reported By:Welland Ontario
International Product Register
580 South Research Place Central Isplip, New York U.S.A.

International Product Registery They charged me $37 USD and received nothing for it. Isplip New York

*Consumer Comment: Please read the fine print

*Consumer Comment: Read the fine print!

I was contacted via email by this company and so thinking that it was a verifiable and honest company, I went ahead and gave them my credit card information. I was expecting a check for $2,741.00 USD and I waited and waited, but nothing came to my house. So I got ahold of their customer service number. However, when trying to contact them, the number that I called was directing me to a Jewish Dating service.

I believe that this company has ripped many more people than just myself because they keep up the scam and they are still sending me the exact same message. I think that they are money launderers or something.

Justin
Welland, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2007 01:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Product-Register/Isplip-New-York-11722/International-Product-Registery-They-charged-me-37-USD-and-received-nothing-for-it-Ispli-293977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Product Register

Please read the fine print

AUTHOR: D. - (United States of America)

I have also been contacted by them in the past via email.  And I'm not sure how trustworthy they are because I've never responded to their offers.  But I do know that the fine print tells you that it can take weeks, and thus even months, to receive your shipment.  It all depends on where you live.

Also, your parcel is not a "gift" or "prize" and may not necessarily be a check worth cash money.  By reading the terms of service agreement you can match the code of your merchandise (which is on your original email) and find out what exactly it is you can really get for your participation in their "publicity campaign."

In sum, please read the fine print.  It may answer most of your questions -- including alternative ways to contact them.  I Hope this helps.  Thanks for your time and attention.

Read the fine print!

AUTHOR: Barbara - (U.S.A.)

This isn't really a rebuttal, but some information pertaining to this ad. I received it too and if you carefully read the wording above the part where it tells you that you've been pre-assigned a parcel it states:

REMINDER: No Contest | No Sweepstakes | No Survey

Then it states:

Barbara #####,
You have been pre-assigned a parcel containing a SONY 61" PROJECTION TV or a bank check for US $2,741.88 made payable to you, or other merchandise item as stated below.

The key words are- "or other merchandise item as stated below". There is a code number there that you can check to see what you won. In my case it was "The Auroa Borealis Genuine Diamond Jewelry Collection".

If you read the bottom of the ad under the list of prizes and above the place where it has a picture of the earth and a man with packages it states:

"This is not a bill. This is a solicitation. You are under no obligation to pay the amount stated unless you accept its offer." in very small letters.

At the bottom of the ad it says:

This "advertisement" is being sent to you from:
International Product Register 580 South Research Place Central Islip, NY 11722, USA

So all in all, if you read the whole ad carefully, it tells you that you may receive something OTHER THAN the TV or the $2,741.88; it's NOT a contest, survey or sweepstakes, that it IS a solicitation and you only pay for it if you want to purchase the item that is assigned to you, and who the company is that is ADVERTISING the product.

Just as a PostScript, I received this offer from Freelotto.com who is also named in this advertisement as part of the ripoff. Freelotto wants you to pay for playing by joining a program called F.A.S.T. which essentially plays your numbers for you (for a price of course) if you don't want to log on every day and play for free. They use these advertisements to try and convince you to join their service. If you read the top of every advertisement they send you it states:

You are receiving this message because you joined FreeLotto on ######, from IP Address ########. When you registered you agreed to receive messages from FreeLotto. FreeLotto NEVER sends JUNK or SPAM messages. We never send mail to anyone unless they requested it when they registered. If you somehow didn't understand that you were agreeing to receive messages from us at the time you joined PLEASE CLICK HERE TO BE PERMANENTLY REMOVED FROM OUR LIST. In doing so you will also cancel your FreeLotto membership and you will no longer be eligible to play FreeLotto or receive up to \$11,000,000.00 in daily prizes. We regret any inconvenience.
FreeLotto Member Services

What they are telling you is if you want to play FreeLotto, you will receive these advertisements. They are not connected to FreeLotto or PlasmaNet in any way, shape or form. I'm sure these companies pay a large fee to advertise with PlasmaNet as they get a lot of views by the people that play FreeLotto. They do not write the ads or do any more than host them. It's up to you whether or not to participate in them.

In these days of Internet advertising, it's important to really scrutinize anything you receive that may look too good to be true; it probably is.