Complaint Review: International Satellite Communication

• Submitted: Mon, January 12, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 12, 2009

• Reported By:West Windsor New Jersey
International Satellite Communication
511 E. Sn Ysidro Blvd, Box 1770, San Ysidro, CA 92173 Internet U.S.A.

International Satellite Communication $35 per minute call from UK to US internationalsatellitecom.com/ San Ysidro, California Internet

I thought I will make a quick call home (New York) from London Heathrow Airport informing them of my flight details from a public phone.

Third time I got connected and spoke for 1 minute with my relative to give the information. I was shocked to see the bill charged to my Credit Card. 3 calls each for $33.82.

So, to my horror I realized, my 1 minute call cost me over $100 !

When I spoke to the Credit Card company, they wanted me to talk to this Ripoff Long Distance company called International Satellite Communication (800-608-0102). When I spoke to the Customer Service, they said I had indeed made 3 calls. There is a $15.00 connection fee and a minimum 5-minutes per call at $4+ per minute. He said, since this was my first request they wil credit my account for $40 and change. I said it is clearly not acceptable. He came back and said that we will split it so 1 minute call will cost me $50 ONLY!

There is no posting of charges nor was I told how much the call was going to cost. Apparently you need to ask the operator that question. I would have exchanged a few dollars and used local currency to make the call.

I plan to talk to my Credit Card company and Calif. Atty General/Consumer Affairs Dept about this company's ripoff business practices.

Nj user
West Windsor, New Jersey

CLICK HERE: Rip-off Report uncovers who's who and who you need to contact to get a refund

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Satellite-Communication/internet/International-Satellite-Communication-35-per-minute-call-from-UK-to-US-internationalsatel-410982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Satellite Communication