Complaint Review: International Satellite Communications

• Submitted: Wed, June 10, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 10, 2009

• Reported By:Worcestershire Other
International Satellite Communications
San Ysidro Blvd San Diego, California U.S.A.

International Satellite Communications Ripoff Telephone Charges for calls within Europe San Diego California

Like Annie from Milwaukee, I was grossly overcharged for a telephone call last less than a minute from Hamburg Airport in Germany. My plane was going to be delayed by a few hours and so I had to contact my husband in England.

As we (all the passengers) were already waiting at the Boarding Gate, the only telephone available was the one provided by International Sat.Com, BUT nowhere did it say that. In fact it looked like any other public telephone with card payment facility that I have ever used.

There were no charges displayed whatsoever!

For this brief call I have now been charged EUR 25.93 (23.31). I have contacted International Sat. Com, but am told that a connection charge is always made. They have offered a EUR 10 refund, which is derisory.

My credit card company is equally unhelpful - apparently "there may have been a notice in German advising me of the charges". This is laughable as I am German and would have had no trouble with any German notices. But the credit card company still feels unable to get involved in my dispute.

It is about time that someone - some government - puts a stop to this fraudulent business practice.

Ecj
Worcestershire
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2009 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Satellite-Communications/San-Diego-California-92173/International-Satellite-Communications-Ripoff-Telephone-Charges-for-calls-within-Europe-Sa-460454. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Satellite Communications