Complaint Review: International Satellite Communications

• Submitted: Mon, August 10, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 10, 2009

• Reported By:Santa Cruz California
International Satellite Communications
511 E. San Ysidro Blvd. Ste 1770 San Ysidro, California U.S.A.

International Satellite Communications San Ysidro California misleading advertisement overcharged phone calls San Ysidro California

I used my credit card at a hotel where this company advertised "no charge" calls--only $1 per minute for international calls. I deliberately kept my calls short and sweet but each one they charged me for cost $41. We're talking 2-3, max 5 min phone calls. Many of the calls did not even connect; my card was even "declined" at one point. When I called to complain, they explained that there was a minimum $10-$15 connect fee and $3.95+ per minute charge. When I blew my top, they offered to cut my bill in half, resulting in 8 calls of 5 or less minutes costing me $270!!!!

The greed we have stooped to. Pathetic America.

Santa Cruz, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2009 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Satellite-Communications/San-Ysidro-California-92173/International-Satellite-Communications-San-Ysidro-California-misleading-advertisement-ove-478318. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Satellite Communications