Complaint Review: International Settlement Services

• Updated: Wed, October 17, 2012

• Reported By: Mollie — Denham Springs Louisiana United States of America
International Settlement Services
3040 Rosemont Montreal, Quebec United States of America

International Settlement Services Innocent Victim saved by good relationship with personal banker. Montreal, Quebec

I received a letter from International Settlement Services, Agent, Peter Adams.  Enclosed was a check in the amount of $2,255.71.  The letter stated that I would have to call 514- 562-6398 before attempting to cash enclosed check.  I called and a person confirmed my name and claim #.  He told me to deposit into my personal checking account, and that if I was asked to say it was a settlement.  This aroused my doubts that this was a valid check.  I went to my bank and met with my own bank officer to verify the check before I made a deposit.  That was my salvation.  My bank officer informed me that the check was completely a fraud and if I had simply made the deposit it could have caused my account to be shut down and all other kinds of problems.  He made me a copy of the check and kept the fraudulent check to be turned over to the fraud division.

Please if you received one of these letters with a check, and are looking this up before you make a deposit, be sure to turn it over to a local Chase Bank or your own bank or whatever bank it may be drawn on.  The more claims that are made, hopefully no innocent people will taken advantage of.

By the way, I called the number in the letter, and ask why they would attempt to hurt innocent people in this manner and was hung up on twice.  I will be calling again, and again until I know this is no longer a threat.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Settlement-Services/Montreal-Quebec-/International-Settlement-Services-Innocent-Victim-saved-by-good-relationship-with-persona-956214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Settlement Services