Complaint Review: International Society Of Poets AKA Poetry.com

• Submitted: Sun, June 13, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, March 17, 2005

• Reported By:Berwyn Illinois
International Society Of Poets AKA Poetry.com
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

International Society Of Poets AKA Poetry.com Poetry.com is a ripoff, they will make you think you are going to be published and charge many fines Owings Mills Maryland

*Consumer Comment: I recently recieved Editord Choice Award from Poetry.com and they said that becuase of this award my work will be included on a 3 cd set

Poetry.com is a huge ripoff.

They made me believe that my poem was going to be published in some "Internal Portraits" book. Aparantly from reading other reports, this book does not, and will not ever, exist.

I sent my poem to the website and was then happy to receive the papers saying that my poem would be published. In order to buy the book and have additional information published, it would be about $85.

Yesterday, I was checking my e-mail and saw an invitation to some convention. I felt very proud of myself for getting this and immediatly told my parents. Since I am only 12 I would have to have a parent come with me so calculated it would be $1776 for just the two of us to go.

Luckily, my mom decided to check whether it was a scam or not. Thus I ended up at this website. Please, do not let your self get caught in this crappy ripoff.

Julie
Berwyn, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2004 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Society-Of-Poets-AKA-Poetrycom/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/International-Society-Of-Poets-AKA-Poetrycom-Poetrycom-is-a-ripoff-they-will-make-you-t-94714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Society Of Poets AKA Poetry.com

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Its supposedly called "The Sound Poetry" and sold worldwide along with 33 other poets
theyre not charging me specificly I just have to give my permission for it to be profesionaly read and supposedly it will be included on the CDs but if I want a copy I have to pay.($49.00
+$8.00 sh) but if its sold worldwide like they say then I most definatly can get it cheaper elswhere this also leads you to believe its a scam because no one would pay that much for a cd set of someone reading poetry I definatly wouldnt pay $57.00 for it even if my work was on it.

Oh and the editors choice award is signed by someone named Howard Ely
I, in the past have submitted about half a dozen pieces of my work and to this date all of them acording to poetry.com should be published (in one of their books of course) If only I would give the permission to do so, (DO NOT GIVE THEM PERMISSION TO USE YOUR WORK WITHOUT KNOWING FOR SURE IF YOU ARE GIVING THEM THE RIGHTS TO YOUR WORK, TO DO WITH AS THEY WISH) you have no say if this is the case.

Try this, send them a piece of your work that is copyrighted and see what happens, youll get absolutly no reply from them, why? copyright Infringment theyd have to pay you
for partial, limited, or full copyrights
And the International Poetry society convention
never takes place, how do I know?

Well I myself have called the chamber of commerce office div:
convention,events and tourism and asked them, they have to tell you,(theyve never heard of it)
and in order to have a convention you have to get permission from them and sometimed a permit is required. Call County Clerks Office and ask the if a permits been issued

But the problem here is that trying to rip you off is not a crime, what about the federal trade commision, or better buisness bureu, consumer reports.I have since told the IPS(inter. Poetry sociaty) that if they use any of the work that Ive submitted for any reason I would file a lawsuit for Plagerism and copyright fraud
Thank you Ripoff Report.com for the chance to tell about any ripoffs we come across
Sincerely