Complaint Review: International Society Of Poets - International Library Of Poetry - Poetry

• Submitted: Tue, May 29, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, May 29, 2007

• Reported By:L Michigan
International Society Of Poets - International Library Of Poetry - Poetry
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

International Library Of Poetry - International Society Of Poets - Poetry false awards, fraud, mis-use, disappointment ripoff Owings Mills Maryland

I have been a victim of this scam with 3 poems I submitted to them; One in 1995, another in 1996, and a third poem in 2005.

I paid outrageously for all 3 books - to have my poetry out there getting published and not own a copy?!?!

Emails show up in my inbox everyday, stating I had earned all kinds of awards, certificates, trophys, medals, convention invites, etc.

But wait... YOU - THE POET - MUST PAY for all of these oh so wonderful things!

WOW! I thought I had a great achievement with all the praise, and requests for more of my poetry back in '95, so naive was I to fall into their trap and send a second poem for "Best Poets of 1996".

The most recent (3rd) poem I submitted was my way of expressing my father's sudden death in 2004, I felt like I needed to let the world know. I fell for it - I had no idea at the time that the site I was on was the same people as 10 years ago.

They make you believe you are the world's best poet, deserving all this recognition, getting you all hyped up just to charge you for not only the book, but each and every so called Award, etc.

Is the Copyright even for real?

C
L, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2007 03:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Society-Of-Poets-International-Library-Of-Poetry-Poetry/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/International-Library-Of-Poetry-International-Society-Of-Poets-Poetry-false-awards-fr-250901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Society Of Poets - International Library Of Poetry - Poetry