Complaint Review: International Society Of Poets

• Submitted: Mon, January 10, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, January 10, 2005

• Reported By:Rantoul Illinois
International Society Of Poets
1 Poetry Plaza Owing Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

International Society Of Poets - poetry ripoff, everybody is a talented poet and is selected for publication Owing Mills Maryland

My 13 year old daughter entered her poetry at www.poetry.com and we were thrilled that she was selected as a finalist. When we received the invitation to their 2005 Spring Convention I was so proud! After securing a corporate sponsor, talking to her school about her absence next month and even finding transportation accomodations, I found out that there have been so many complaints dating back to 1997 about this scam.

This trip would have cost us $1300 (registration for her- $595 and I-$475 since she is a minor, and $165 a day hotel for 2 nights) and that doesn't count transportation, days off from work, or any other expenses we would incur. I am a single mom with limited resources, there is no way I could pay for all this without help.

I am so glad I checked into this before committing to attend. Thank you all that had the courage to report this scam. I only am out my pride and a bit of credibility to the sponsor I solicited.

Mary
Rantoul, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2005 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Society-Of-Poets/Owing-Mills-Maryland-21117-6282/International-Society-Of-Poets-poetry-ripoff-everybody-is-a-talented-poet-and-is-select-126797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Society Of Poets