Complaint Review: International Society Of Poets

• Submitted: Thu, June 12, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, June 12, 2003

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
International Society Of Poets
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

International Society Of Poets False promises Owings Mills Maryland

I, too, had two poems "published" and one "recorded." On may 24, 2003, a letter was sent to me informing me on my nomination for poet of the year. I actually was not aware of the letter until 3 days ago.

I read it, and got excited because nothing like that had ever happened to me. It was a very convincing letter! It told me about the seminars, poetry readings, and entertainment that would be there. It even said Mickey Rooney, the Drifters, and the Marvelettes would be there.

It asked me to come to Washington, D.C. to acept my awards, including the bowl im sure you have read about many times, and a medalion.

Since I am a minor, 13, I had to ask my mother about going to accept my so called "awards." She was very excited for me but didn't promis anything because of some financial problems.

I came across this just today, but thought maybe this site in it's self was a joke or something of the sort. When I went through all the stories though, I knew it had to be true with all of the repetition and similarities in the stories.

I am glad I discovered this.

Amanda
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2003 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Society-Of-Poets/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/International-Society-Of-Poets-False-promises-Owings-Mills-Maryland-60509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Society Of Poets