Complaint Review: International Taxidermy

• Updated: Wed, August 20, 2014

• Reported By: LarryM — Nacka California
International Taxidermy
Internet USA

International Taxidermy Intl. Taxidermy, Edith fleet, Cabo Taxidermy, Hector the director the fish collector International Taxidermy in Cabo, be aware of their faulty fish mount products Cabo San lucas Internet

International Taxidermy, has proven to be a fraud. I decided to us them to have my fish mounted and considering they are a Mexican company I assumed the price would be better shipping my produc to my summer home in California.

On the docs in Cabo there are other taxidermy companies as well and one of them, a US based company in particular is well represented and they do great work.  I have used them before and loved their quality of work. They build fiberglass reproductions. However this time I wanted to give International Taxidermy a chance because they promised I would have my mount faster than their competition.

Well you get what you pay for, after I received my mount and hung it on my wall I noticed a foul smell. The fish looked like it was put together very poorly. After a few weeks the fish also started to leak. The oil from the fish skin started to poor out and drip down. [continued below]....

..... The seems started to crack and now two months later I threw the entire thing in the garbage... There goes $2000!!! You live and learn.

What is the most alarming is that the crews on the boats selling fishmounts only show catalogs etc from Grays and tell you that their work is equal to theirs. Well I can ensure you its not. Even though the idea of using some real parts from the fishon the mount is cool and it may work if done properly. But Intl Taxidermy for sure does not. Stay away from them and hire a reputable company to do your fishmount. It is not cheap either way you go, but atleast you know that you get a good product from the US based company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2014 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Taxidermy/internet/International-Taxidermy-Intl-Taxidermy-Edith-fleet-Cabo-Taxidermy-Hector-the-director-1171089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Taxidermy