Complaint Review: International of Poetry Society

• Updated: Wed, December 16, 2009

• Reported By: L.D. — houston Texas United States of America
International of Poetry Society
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland United States of America

International of Poetry Society Each time a submitted a poem about 1 - 2 weeks after I would get a letter in mail to purchase a book with my poem in it. Owings Mills, Maryland

I started writing online to hopefully win a poetry contest. Trying to make to extra money or at least some one notice my work for a book. So periodically I would submit a poem on the International Poetry website. Once I submit there is a message saying you still have ownership of your work. Then afterwards about 1 to 2 weeks later receive a letter in the mail stating that I have won Editors' Choice Award. Inside that package a brief description of what I submitted to the organization. Along with a questionnaire and application to purchase the next book that my poem would be in. I have purchase about three books that supposely have got published. After doing a search for International Society of Poetry again to submit a submission, I ran into stories about how they ripped off people. So said maybe I also got that same issue. After having dealth with that organization for over ten years it is a little embarassing that I have been a victim of wanting be a poetry writer. I am just disappointed in how individuals and organizations prey on people want to a dreamer as well a believer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2009 08:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-of-Poetry-Society/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/International-of-Poetry-Society-Each-time-a-submitted-a-poem-about-1-2-weeks-after-I-wo-540918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International of Poetry Society