Jan 10,2009 Tom Van Horn-senior director for Internet Auction Solutions
These are the things that we were told.
1. We would have access to 1000 drop shippers - Problem:Extremely limited as we found out that because we live in Canada, not many companies are interested in setting up accounts.
2. A professional accountant would contact us because we would have questions since we were in Canada. Tom said he wouldn't had no knowledge in that department -Problem:Has not happened as of today even when I mentioned it to coaches.
3. That they would work with our bank so that we could get a lower interest rate on our credit card.-Problem:Didn't happen because we are in Canada which is what they informed me only when I phoned to inquire about it.
4. That we would be on the first page of search engine. -Problem:When I asked the coach about that on our "courtesy call" he said it would a long time.
5. Were informed that we would have access to software. Problem:When we had spoken with our coach 1 week later on his "courtesy call" and informed him how difficult this was, he never mentioned anything about the software. Are we using it or did we manage to get it downloaded to our desktop etc. Didn't even know we had it until I phoned the senior director the next morning. By then I was in tears because of spending 51 hours in 8 days on the internet searching for niches with nothing but a keyword directory and google. It was only then that the software was mentioned and that is when I asked for a refund. He said no refund. Would get coaches to assist that day. He then called the next day to inform me that the I needed to contact the coaches for a different directory than the 1lwdropship because that was another "road block" and we had paid for the best package . I emailed them and received the same website. When I contacted that drop ship site they said that because we were in Canada, we were "extremely limited".
6. Tom walked us through the Better Business Bureau for Internet Auction Solutions and showed us the complaints statistics.-Problem:On receiving our visa statement I noticed that payment was made to Thrive Institute. If that was where our money was going and who we would be mostly in contact with, then we should have been shown their BBB.
I have in the last two days done searches on the web and have found hundreds of complaints that individuals have posted about this company as well as the Thrive Learning Institute. On sending an email for a refund with the concerns that I have listed, we were informed that they have our electronic signature. We are not disputing that.We are disputing the fact that we paid for something and received false information. What may work for this company in the United States will not work the same way for Canada. They need to implement two different programs - one for the United States and one for Canada and they need to become up to date on the changes that are taking place here. At this point, and until they design a program for us in Canada, they cannot deliver what they are selling.
Vancouver, British Columbia