Complaint Review: Internet Eyewear Group

• Submitted: Wed, October 17, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 17, 2012

• Reported By: Anna — Millburn New Jersey United States of America
Internet Eyewear Group

Internet Eyewear Group eyedocshoppe.com Put an unauthorized charge on my credit card, then lied about calling for authorization Internet

I ordered an eyeglass frame from the company, and got screwed over completely.  While looking around their web site, I also priced what it would cost for me to order prescription lenses from them.  The price turned out outrageous, so I removed the lenses from the cart and only ordered the frame.  The invoice they sent, showed the total of the frame price only, so I thought everything was fine.  Apparently, due to some glitch in their ordering system, internally they still had the lenses in my order.  As soon as the frame came in, I gave it to a local optometrist to insert prescription lenses, having no idea that a set of prescription lenses was already put in without my knowledge.  A few weeks later, I saw the unauthorized charge for the lenses on my credit card, and immediately contacted their customer service representative.  He was immediately on the verge of being rude, denying any mistakes on their part and trying to blame everything on me.  But, eventually he told me that if I send the lenses back, they'll do a full refund.  Fortunately, the local optometrist returned the original lenses to me, so I immediately sent them back.  After no word and no refund from them in a few weeks, I called again.  Now he was not even on the verge, he was outright rude and lying.  Now he came up with a story that they had called me before fulfilling the order and that I authorized the charge, and also suddenly the unused lenses turned out to be scratched.  I personally inspected them before sending, so I know he is lying.  Now they have both my money AND the lenses, and that's after they have put me through all this hassle!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Internet-Eyewear-Group/internet/Internet-Eyewear-Group-eyedocshoppecom-Put-an-unauthorized-charge-on-my-credit-card-then-956377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Internet Eyewear Group