• Report: #319217

• Submitted: Wed, March 19, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, March 21, 2008

• Reported By:Knoxville Tennessee
Internet Funding Corporation
16192 Coastal Hwy Lewes, Delaware U.S.A.

Internet Funding Corporation RIP OFF SCAM INTERNET FUNDING CORPORATION San Diego California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Late on a payment? Problem with your account?

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Keeping your payment arrangements

I filed for a loan with this company. I did fill out the paperwork and sent it back. That part of the transaction went smoothly.

I recently changed banks and called IFC to update information and that the other bank account was closed. The information was never updated and I never received the $200.00 that I was approved for.

I later received an email about an extention notice for payment on the loan. I replied to the extention explaining the situation and even gave them the new bank account to take money from.

IFC later sent me another email stating that I owed an insufficient funds charge after I gave them the new bank information. They still continued to attempt to get money from the old account. I attempted to call the number that was left on the initial contract. No one ever called me back.

I then received a phone call from someone in the collections department. I attempted to explain the situation to her, but she told me to email Lisa Johnson. I found it very odd that she said Lisa Johnson, but an email that was sent to me with payment information says:

"To pay off this account at any point, please send payment by Western Union only to: Lisa Montanez San Diego, California . Please DO NOT SEND via Quick Collect. Send via Regular Money Transfer."

It's a different name. It says send to Lisa Montanez and not to Lisa Johnson. This is a scam and now they are attempting to garnish wages for over $700 after I have made attempts to update my bank information and to contact them by phone and have not gotten anywhere. I'm also confused because the office on the website states a physical address in Delaware, but I'm sending money to San Diego. Why am I sending money to the west coast if your offices and main branch is on the east coast. Someone help me figure this out.

Demetre
Knoxville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2008 12:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Internet-Funding-Corporation/Lewes-Delaware-19958/Internet-Funding-Corporation-RIP-OFF-SCAM-INTERNET-FUNDING-CORPORATION-San-Diego-Californi-319217. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Internet Funding Corporation

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Late on a payment? Problem with your account?

AUTHOR: Lisas Johnson - (U.S.A.)

If you are in a situation where you are late with a payment to Internet Funding Corporation and do not receive an immediate phone call back, don't stop there. Please write to collections@internetfundingcorporation.com or reply to the correspondance we send and we will be happy to assist you. Even better, if you know there is going to be a problem with your account, use the collections@internetfundingcorporation.com email address to inform us ahead of time. We might be able to make alternate arrangements. You will likely receive a response within 1/2 an hour. Do not use this address for loan status requests.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Keeping your payment arrangements

AUTHOR: Lisas Johnson - (U.S.A.)

Demetre,

First, to address the change of account information, if your account was closed and we tried to send you money, the transaction wouldn't have gone through. In addition, I have pasted all of the correspondance between yourself and the collections team. If you read through it, at no point do you make any mention of new account information. You must have gotten that idea from another source. That is why the collections department tries to keep correspondance in writing.

As for the Lisa Johnson/Lisa Montanez issue, Lisa Montanez is the accounts payable manager. She handles the finances. I work in the collections department. Lisa is a pretty common name. I am quite sure there is another Demetre working for (your place of employment left out).

As you can see from the email correspondance below, we have replied to everyone of your attempts to contact us. You did not make good on the arrangements you made to bring your account current. As a matter of fact, you didn't even reply to the email we sent you on the 18th letting you know that we sent the wage assignment out. This is how you reply and try to correct the situation?

From: LisaJ@IFC [mailto:lisa@internetfundingcorporation.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 11:41 AM
Subject: FW: YOUR RESPONSE IS REQUIRED

We have not received your Western Union payment MTCN as agreed. We will be sending in the wage assignment as we stated in numerous correspondences. You may refer to the email we sent Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 12:06 PM. Please plan accordingly.

From: Lisa[mailto:lisa@internetfundingcorporation.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 1:48 PM
Subject: RE: YOUR RESPONSE IS REQUIRED

Your payment is scheduled for Friday, 3/14, through Western Union in the amount of $145 to Lisa Montanez in San Diego, CA. Please be sure the 10 digit MTCN (Money Transaction Control Number) is emailed to: collections@internetfundingcorporation.com by 7 pm EST. We have attached a sample of the form. Please take a glance at the form before making your payment. It is the green SEND form. The forms are available at any Western Union location.

You do not need to respond to this email.

Kind regards,

Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 1:37 PM

I will be making $145.00 payment by Western Union

Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:07 PM

Demetre,

We still do not have acceptable arrangements with you.

Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 1:05 PM

Western Union

Cc: GwenS@IFC
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 2:01 PM

Demetre,

Please read through the email. You need to make a payment of $145 to do an extension. You still have to pay for the extension from 2/29 to 3/14 and make the payment that is due on 3/14. Will you be paying $145 to extend or $345 to pay off your loan? Will you be paying using your account or Western Union?

Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: YOUR RESPONSE IS REQUIRED

I called the number back and spoke to a lady name Gwen yesterday and agreed to pay the $85.00 on Friday when I got paid.

To:
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 12:06 PM
Subject: YOUR RESPONSE IS REQUIRED

YOUR RESPONSE IS REQUIRED. READ THROUGH TO THE END FOR DETAILS.

Demetre, This is an official notification from Internet Funding Corporation about your loan payment that was due on 2/29/2008 (this is your default date). That payment was returned by your bank unpaid. We have tried to contact you at home, work, and through email. We still have not been able to make ACCEPTABLE arrangements with you.

At this point, you need to pay $145 to extend or $345 to pay off your loan.

You have 13 calendar days from your date of default (see above) to clear up this matter voluntarily.

We apologize, but due to our high volume of loans we cannot give anymore time than that.

Please realize that this payment MUST BE MADE. If no payment is made, in the time allotted, the Wage Assignment Agreement WILL BE SENT AUTOMATICALLY to your employer with a demand for payment.

As you probably recall, the amount of that WAGE ASSIGNMENT AGREEMENT is between $780 and $825 and it will be submitted automatically along with an official demand for payment out of YOUR WAGES.

If you would like to continue down this path, then simply do nothing. We do all the work for you, and our garnishment process happens automatically.

To pay off this account at any point, please send payment by Western Union only to: Lisa Montanez San Diego, California . Please DO NOT SEND via Quick Collect. Send via Regular Money Transfer. You will need to email us the 10-digit confirmation number and amount- collections@internetfundingcorporation.com. You will need to use the GREEN SEND form.

Western Union is just an option we offer. The only other payment method is to have the funds withdrawn from your account. If you need to give us new account information, you must do so by tomorrow morning. You can send your new account information to collections@internetfundingcorporation.com or call 302-261-2495.

WE DO NOT TAKE PRE-PAID CARDS OR CREDIT CARDS.

If you have had 5 transactions on your account, the payoff ($345) is due and needs to be paid immediately. That amount includes the extension from last payday and the payoff.

The number of transactions on your account is/are: 1