drunk

• Submitted: Tue, October 09, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, October 09, 2007

• Reported By:rockhill furnace Pennsylvania
Internet Speedway - I.C. Systems
www.internetspeedway.com Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

Internet Speedway I.C. Systems Internet Speedway sent us to collections and we never even bought anything from them! Mesa Arizona

About two months ago my husband and I started receiving calls from I.C. Systems which is a debt collection agency. They claimed that their client, Internet Speedway, had filed a claim with them for the amount of $119. We have been in dispute with them ever since.

Supposedly, we purchased something with a credit card from Internet Speedway, but the timeframe that was given we did not even have a credit card!

Not only that, but we never received a statement, a bill, or any product or information in the mail from Internet Speedway. We were only informed about this after it had already went to I.C. Systems for collection. What company doesn't send out bills first? Who goes straight to collections?

The debt collection agency itself is fishy because they have refused all requests by us to provide a burden of proof to back up the validity of the claim. In fact, I.C. Systems refused to even give us the address or telephone number to Internet Speedway so that we might contact them to obtain the proof ourselves. I have never in my life had a debt collector tell me to "google them" to figure it out!

The collections agency has a different person call every time, and even though they finally gave us a telephone number after two months of this harassment the number was not in service anymore.

Do not let these people bully you into paying for something you did not buy!

Tenderlumplings
rockhill furnace, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2007 07:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Internet-Speedway-IC-Systems/Mesa-Arizona/Internet-Speedway-IC-Systems-Internet-Speedway-sent-us-to-collections-and-we-never-even-277881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Internet Speedway - I.C. Systems