- Report: #483650
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Internet Speedway /Succeed Corporation
Internet Speedway /Succeed Corporation1201 S. Alma School Road, Suite 15500 Mesa, Arizona United States of America
Internet Speedway /Succeed Corporation Ibuilder, Meridian1, Succeed Corp. Internet Speedway, Meridian 1, online store ripoff, insider who's seen the scam, terrible service, company steals from customers, junk business, , Mesa, Arizona
I'd like to provide an insider's view of Succeed Corporation AKA Internet Speedway, Ibuilder, and Meridian 1. Not only is this company ripping people off in a deceptive way, but they are also literally stealing people's money. I worked for the company for a good amount of time and I feel that it's ethical for me to expose the company for it's misdeeds to the public. I'll get to the thievery behind the company later.
So I'm guessing you wanted to do the whole 9.95 trial thing right? Bad idea. Internet Speedway gives you 30 days to try out the product and then proceeds in deducting money to your account as soon as you get outside that thirty day period. (you're liable for 5 payments of 69.99) That doesn't sound so bad right? Well the way they go about it is absolutely predatory. First of all the salesman will go on a long spiel of the terms you need to adhere to. They will slip in the fact that you will indeed be liable for the payments. Most people will say yes to that without even realizing it. They record the calls so you're in a tough spot with that one. So you can just cancel within the 30 days right? Sure but it's very difficult.
When you call in to cancel you will first be connected directly to sales after they realize you don't have $3000 to drop on a superstore (not worth it) or are simply not interested. After that you will be transfered to customer support, they will then not be able to cancel your account and will state that you need to be transfered to 'customer care.' The customer care department will offer you an incentive to stay with the company by offering you some worthless products (bronze superstore, more products, etc). Finally if you say you want to cancel to this third person you will get cancelled. It will probably take an 45min+ on the line to cancel. The customer care dept is extremely small so it will take forevor for someone to recieve your call. Your best bet is to demand to talk to Justin Padilla the manager in order to clear it up immediately. If you're over the 30 days report them to the BBB, they are listed and want to maintain a good reputation so you'll have a better chance of receiving your money.
Now I will list why they are thieves:
1. Sometimes they make a mistake and you will request a refund. They will say the refund process takes 4-6 weeks. They can easily refund it at anytime they just want to hold on to your $$ as long as possible. Unless you continually check up on your refund (with ridiculous wait times for reps might I add) you risk never getting your money. Here's the scary part: I looked through pages and pages of hundreds of billing disputes of customers who were promised a refund and never got it. Some dated back two years! Ruby Sayed who processes the refunds is responsible for it, she's ironically married to the CEO, Omar Sayed.
2. Customers who have been with the company for some time will get random charges e.g. hosting. They will randomly charge customers account simply because they know people don't check their statements.
3. They oversell their service. If you don't think so compare their hosting service charges to anybody else. Their platnium superstores are mediocre at BEST. Your average computer literate person could be trained in a day or two to build the website.
4. The products don't work. The marketing program rarely works, e.g. the traffic blaster program, guaranteed hits to the site (it's a robot).
5. They prey on the computer illiterate. I've had dozens of incompetent old people who simply didn't know what they were doing, were made easy prey for the company.
Just speculation, but why do you think they changed their names three damn times? Because they continue to get a bad wrap and need to blanket the product under a new name. This is the way the company was run a couple years ago. From people I know still working within the walls of the company it doesn't seem like they've changed.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2009 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Internet-Speedway-Succeed-Corporation/Mesa-Arizona-85201/Internet-Speedway-Succeed-Corporation-Ibuilder-Meridian1-Succeed-Corp-Internet-Speedwa-483650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.