Complaint Review: Internet Speedway

• Submitted: Thu, October 11, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, October 11, 2007

• Reported By:Madison Heights Michigan
Internet Speedway
www.ispeedway.com Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

Internet Speedway They tried their scam on me, but I was lucky, it only cost me $9.95 Mesa Arizona

I had a similar experience as many people on this site. I was driving home from work on day and heard the commercial on the radio, and of course it sounded really good. "Make tens of thousands of dollars selling things on the Internet that you don't have to see, store, or even pay for". So I called the 800 number to order the free cd, only to find that "free" meant paying $9.95 to ship the cd, something that cost them probably 99 cents. But I didn't mind, I figured it takes money to make money, right? So when I got home from work, I googled "Internet Speedway" only to find that "SCAM" was the first thing that came back at me. I called right away to cancel the cd shipment, but the lady on the phone was very good at reassuring me that everyhting was legit and to wait until I got the cd and checked it out to make a decision, so I thought that was the least I could do. As soon as I got the package in the mail I started setting up my website, and looked through items in the "Warehouse", I found nothing of interest availabel for sale, so I called the tech support folks, and they informed me that I would need to upgrade my membership for $450 to get access to the "good stuff". At this point I realized I was getting screwed, so I called to cancel and the lady tried very hard to get me to keep it, to the point of getting angry. They finally took it back though, and I haven't been charged for anything else yet, from what I have read on this site, I am really lucky. Oh, and one other thing, the "wholesale price" of the items in the warehouse is about the same that anyone can buy the same items anywhere on the Internet, or Walmart for that matter. This company is really just about getting your charge card number and getting you to keep the trial going for 30 days so you are sucked in. BEWARE !!!!!

Stormylakezzz
Madison Heights, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2007 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Internet-Speedway/Mesa-Arizona/Internet-Speedway-They-tried-their-scam-on-me-but-I-was-lucky-it-only-cost-me-995-Mesa-278478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Internet Speedway