Complaint Review: Internet Speedway

• Submitted: Wed, March 12, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 12, 2008

• Reported By:Columbia South Carolina
Internet Speedway
internetspeedway.com Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Internet Speedway / Global Pin Telemarketing Scam to get your Debit or Credit Card Information and charge you without permission. Phoenix Arizona

These people called my house today under the pretense that i was to receive a free $1000 Shopping Card after being selected from a completed survey. I was excited since I am in a financial rut and have completed many surveys. I was skeptical and nearly hung up the phone several times.

After finally convincing me that it was a legitimate offer, I gave up my information: Billing address, shipping address, Card number and expiration date. All under the pretense that I was not to be charged for anything from this account at any time. Well later they put me on the 'Verification Line' with an automated message requesting that i repeat my information. I can only imagine that they were only recording what i was saying to open up other accounts. I did not give them my birthdate or any other information that would have left me wide open for identity theft.

After refusing i spoke to the 'senior supervisor' and requested that all previously entered information in regards to me be deleted. He kept trying to convince me that he should be trusted and i would not be charged until a later time (when the package was recieved for shipping). I never agreed to any charge at this time. Still, I had an altercation with 'Oscar' where I told him I would report him and this scam. He hung up on me.

I called the card services and had it canceled just to be told that I had been charged the $9.95 for shipping. It was recorded as a fraudulent purchase after I told the representative what had happened. Hopefully my money will be refunded.

Columbia, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2008 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Internet-Speedway/Phoenix-Arizona/Internet-Speedway-Global-Pin-Telemarketing-Scam-to-get-your-Debit-or-Credit-Card-Informa-317359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Internet Speedway