Complaint Review: Internet Speedway

• Submitted: Wed, October 17, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, October 17, 2007

• Reported By:Schaumburg Illinois
Internet Speedway
Mesa, Az Nationwide U.S.A.

Internet Speedway The "Free" CD that will cost you $350. Mesa Arizona

I answered an ad on my favorite radio station for a "free" CD on how to start an Internet business. I agreed to pay $10.95 for S&H, and I should have been suspicious right then and there. Their rep kept calling me, even though I was on vacation in Colorado & New Mexico. I explained that I was not by my computer and could not work on my "store".
After multiple inconvenient phone calls from her, I learned that she was not calling to help me get a business started, but to pitch another store to me. She told me that I had bought a store for $350, that I could NOT cancell and that I could apply the money towards a better $5400 store.
It ia all a big scam. I reported them to the US Postal Service for Mail fraud. I suggest that others do the same. They now have a Collection agency calling me. I'll let them take me to court, because I never signed any contracts and I never agreed even verbally to let them charge any more than $10.95 on my charge card.
Fortunately, my card is from Citibank and they have removed the charges from my account while they investigate. They will now make Internet Speedway prove the charges.

Patti
Schaumburg, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2007 08:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Internet-Speedway/nationwide/Internet-Speedway-The-Free-CD-that-will-cost-you-350-Mesa-Arizona-279421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Internet Speedway