Complaint Review: InternetReputation.com is a GIANT EXTORTION SCAM!

• Submitted: Wed, January 30, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 30, 2013

• Reported By: Carl — Lakeland Florida United States of America
InternetReputation.com is a GIANT EXTORTION SCAM!
2097 Tetrick Road Lakeland, Florida United States of America

InternetReputation.com is a GIANT EXTORTION SCAM! InternetReputation.com Lakeland, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Blah

InternetReputation.com is a GIANT EXTORTION SCAM!

Here is my story!  I found my mugshot was published on a website and accessible VIA search engines like Google!

I accessed the site and looked all through it.  Next to my mugshot was an offer to remove it.

I wasn't sure about the legality of this and asked some friends.

A 'Remove This Mugshot' link was readily available next to my mugshot and all the mugshots they published.  I was thinking "this is a nice little scam these people have".

Reluctantly, I clicked the link and was able to input my credit card, hoping the site would remove the mugshot.  There was no third-party agency involved.  I paid the site DIRECTLY to remove it.

When I checked my credit card account to see who billed me, I was shocked to see that merchant listed on the transaction wasINTERNETREPUTATION.COM!  They conveniently LEFT THEIR NAME OFF THE RECEIPT!

Turns out, they flat-out OWN the mugshot site and charge people to remove them.  AND NOW, MY MUGSHOT IS APPEARING ON OTHER WEBSITES!  Guess who the merchant is when I go to remove them?  INTERNETREPUTATION.COM!

And then have the audacity to call themselves a "reputation firm" HOGWASH! CRIMINAL!

I am making this report because this company www.internetreputation.com is a deceitful extortion racket masquerading as a "reputation firm".

I called their number 800-758-9012 to give them a piece of my mind.  I looked them up and saw that Gary Bloom is a primary participant in the criminal-like activity.

InternetReputation.com is nothing but a couple d**k-heads operating a Scam-Extortion Rip-Off. Charge your credit card back if you remove your mugshot, it's illegal for them to place it back online, this is how you can defeat them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2013 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/InternetReputationcom-is-a-GIANT-EXTORTION-SCAM/Lakeland-Florida-33801/InternetReputationcom-is-a-GIANT-EXTORTION-SCAM-InternetReputationcom-Lakeland-Florida-1006130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InternetReputation.com is a GIANT EXTORTION SCAM!

Blah

AUTHOR: Bloggy - (United States of America)

Since you now re-posted the exact same message in order to hurt someone who's done no wrong to you now I'm sure you're an idiot. Pasted from the other thread where you posted this same false report.

"You put your CC info and didn't expect to be charged? Really? No. What happened is you knew what you were paying for, you paid for it and it was removed, and then you happen to see the mugshot on some other websites. Yes, public records can appear on many different sites even if you paid one website. That has nothing to do with the agency that help removing them. InternetReputation happens to be an agent for many different sites owned by many different entities. Two words to you: get a life!"