Complaint Review: Interstate Distribution Center

• Submitted: Wed, December 24, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, December 24, 2003

• Reported By:Newport Beach California
Interstate Distribution Center
3962 Landmark Street Culver City, California U.S.A.

Interstate Distribution Center fraudulent liars with a rude attitude Culver City California

Got a call from some lady claiming that the toner price for our Xerox copy machine had risen from $289 to $349, but due to a computer error we were allowed to purchase two cartridges at the lower price. She had my name already and wanted to confirm my other information.

I asked if they had provided us with toner before, and she said it was likely because they had my name. All she wanted to do was send a fax and have me sign and return it to complete the order.

She asked if she had my authorization to fax the order, I said no and requested their phone number. She did not give me the number. I asked for the name of her company again, and she replied Interstate Distribution Center. She said our account representative would call as soon as I allowed them to complete the order. I asked for our account rep's name and number, but she would not supply that information. So, I said I wasn't ready to purchase anything until I had a chance to look into the pricing. She swiftly ended the call.

Immediately afterward, I did some research on the Internet about IDC and that's how I came across this site. I was so proud of myself for not being scammed (believe me, I was almost convinced). About ten minutes later, another person from IDC called, this time a man, to follow up regarding the order. I told him I did not complete the order and in the mean time had found out that they are a fradulent company. He told me to "Eat shit" and hung up. I laughed and told everyone here at the office about what happened. Then I called IDC at the number I found in one of the other fraud reports. I said "F*ck you" to the receptionist. Then I called back and did it again. Hmm, this is fun. :-D

Matt
Newport Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2003 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Interstate-Distribution-Center/Culver-City-California-90232-1925/Interstate-Distribution-Center-fraudulent-liars-with-a-rude-attitude-Culver-City-Californi-75812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Interstate Distribution Center