Complaint Review: Intex Corp

• Submitted: Sun, July 20, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, August 27, 2010

• Reported By:watertown Wisconsin
Intex Corp
P.o. Box 1440 Long Beach, California U.S.A.

Intex Pools they don't stand behind their products Long Beach California

*Consumer Comment: Pool Liner Ripoff

We bought a 24'x52" pool last Sept of 2007 and first put it up on July 4,2008. It was stored in the same box never opened it till then. We figured since we will have snow soon, we would put it up in the spring.

We put up our pool and started to fill it when we noticed a split by the bottom where the rope and the pool seam meets.

I called intex and told them the whole story and made sure I told them that we bought it last fall. They said that they would send me a claim form via the internet and that they would replace the pool liner with no problem. I talked to 3 different people at their customer satisfaction service number and they all said that they would replace it.

So, I filled out the claim form and I also had to cut up our pool so we could send in 5 different part of our pool per the claim form, and I did. They gave me a claim number and even told me the approximate day we would receive our new pool liner. Two days after we sent in the parts, I received a rejection notice in my e-mail stating that it was over 90 days and they will not cover it, even though 3 different people stated that there would be no problem. We have talked to customer service, supervisors, managers, even the complaint department and they will do nothing and we are out over $600.00.

If they would have never said to cut up our pool because they will not cover it we could have fixed ourselves or have it professional done. What kind of company would tell someone to cut up a brand new pool never even used and then reject it two days later.

We have not even used our pool or even hooked up the filter to it. All we wanted is to have them replace the pool liner and stand behind their product and their word.

Jayne
watertown, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2008 08:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intex-Corp/Long-Beach-California-90801/Intex-Pools-they-dont-stand-behind-their-products-Long-Beach-California-353504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intex Corp

Pool Liner Ripoff

AUTHOR: Kyle - (USA)

I don't agree with that either.  Cutting up things to me is just rediculous.  I have a similar issue with my pool.  But I bought mine early summer and developed a spring leak thirty days later.  Im in my warranty period and  they still will not honor the warranty.  I have said to many people that this is a ripoff company and they will not honor their warranty.