- Report: #1121696
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Intoxalock
Intoxalock There is NO way to reschedule a calibration due to WEATHER Des Moines Iowa
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I live in rural Wyoming and we got about three feet of snow last night. My recalibration on the Intoxalock is scheduled for today and due to weather I may not make the appointment. I live 36 miles from the auto shop that is available in my area. When I called in this morning to reschedule the calibration I was told that due to the unit I had there was nothing they could do and that at midnight tonight I would be locked out of my car and have to get it towed. Here are my issues with this:
1. When I bought the Intoxalock I was told that if recalibration days needed to be changed that was not a problem.
2. The customer service agent that I spoke to said "Because of the unit you have we are unable to reschedule." I did not have a choice on the unit that I have. As far as I know there is only one device available from the company!
3. It will cost a fortune to get my car towed 36 miles. Where I live it's not an easy commute to the nearest town they have service providers in.
4. I can not control the weather!!! I am aware that they can not either, but it is completely irresponsible of this company to provide a service in this nature and not be prepared for extreme weather conditions that their customers may encounter.
I asked the customer service aganet what do you do in heavily populated areas that have natural disasters like tornados, hurricanes, ice storms, blizzards, etc... I got no reponse. I then asked to speak to a supervisior. I got left on hold for 15 minutes and then was transfered to a voicemail. I left a message expressing how upset I was and that I would like an explaination and have received no call back.
My other complaints about the product inculde that I have to jump my car all the time because the unit drains my battery. I also had a situation where the unit would not let me blow through it and there were no explainable reason for this, again I got left on hold for 8 minutes and the unit all of a sudden started working so I hung up becuase I was late for work.
The customer service for this company is horrible, the product is horrible and the whole situation has been extremely stressful for me. I DO NOT recommend this company. I will be having the unit uninstalled at a cost of $200.00 to me and finding a new company to work through.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intoxalock-/Des-Moines-Iowa/Intoxalock-There-is-NO-way-to-reschedule-a-calibration-due-to-WEATHER-Des-Moines-Iowa-1121696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.