Complaint Review: Intoxicated Chocolates

• Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: WW — Austin Texas United States of America
Intoxicated Chocolates
7535 Turner Ridge Road Crestwood, Kentucky United States of America

Intoxicated Chocolates Jeffrey Rogers Intoxicated Sleazeballs, Dungballs, Dirtballs... Chocolate? Crestwood , Kentucky

*Author of original report: No mistake, It was Jeffrey

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: False Info

I ordered 4 boxes of Intoxicated Chocolates, with six "highest-quality Swedish Chocolates" in each, filled with the liquor of choice for my daughter at Christmas, 2012. The box, far larger than it needed to be, was a $12.95 Priority Mail box, for around a pound of "chocolates." It arrived on the 24th, and my daughter was already out of town for the holidays, and just as well.

I opened the postal box to find four 3X5" cheap, gold-foil comparmented boxes with 6 little brown, bedaubed,  amateurish-looking, somewhat spherical objects rattling around in them. They bore absolutely no resemblance to the pictures or descriptions on the website. I would be embarrassed to give them as a gift, and I certainly had no desire to try them myself. I contacted Intoxicated Chocolates immediately, asking for a refund and a Retur n Label,and after numerous emails, they finally told me on January 1st that they would refund my money. It's February 7th, and they haven't.

Today, I thought since I seem to be stuck with them, I'd try one, to see if maybe they tasted better than they looked, and I could give them to her for Valentine's Day, No way!

They taste even nastier than they look. Relatively tasteless, grainy, chocolate with so little liqeuer inside it couldn't even be discerned - it just felt clammy and messy. I spit it out.

The supposed retail price on these abominations, counting the way-too-high postage, was around $2.00 each piece. You'd have to pay me a lot more than that to eat one.

Stay away! False advertising, execrable business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2013 07:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intoxicated-Chocolates/Crestwood-Kentucky-40014/Intoxicated-Chocolates-Jeffrey-Rogers-Intoxicated-Sleazeballs-Dungballs-Dirtballs-Cho-1010664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intoxicated Chocolates

No mistake, It was Jeffrey

AUTHOR: WW - (United States of America)

The package they were mailed in has his name in the return address, and the email I got on Dec. 26th responding to my complaint was from Jeffrey Rogers. So that's who advertised, made, and sent the  "dung balls." The current owners are "looking into it," but I've received no refund, though I was promised that on January 1st in an email with no name attached. They did, however, tell me a few days ago that I could throw them away rather than wait for a return label, so I have.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

False Info

AUTHOR: kmills95 - (United States of America)

Jeffrey Rogers sold this business a long time ago! Please don't include his name because he's a great guy who wouldn't let anything go out that wasn't perfect. The new lady's name is Sharon, and I stopped working there because she was incompetent. Thanks!