Complaint Review: Intuit GoPayment

• Updated: Thu, August 02, 2012

• Reported By: Carla — Fort Riley Kansas United States of America
Intuit GoPayment
21215 Burbank Boulevard, Suite 100 Internet United States of America

Intuit GoPayment Intuit Charging Insufficient Funds Fees for unauthorized charges , Internet

I signed up for their card reader back in 2011. Im a notary and I wanted to have this option available for customers that want to pay with credit cards. I use my name as my business name and a personal checking account under my name as well. I never had a problem with this company but then again I never got to use the reader. On July 30 I checked my personal bank account and was negative. I immediately call the bank and told them that there were charges against my account that I didn't not authorized. They closed my account and opened a new one and putting the money that was taken on that account. That part is being taken care off, and so far is ok.

The problem began yesterday when I received a phone call from the claims department at the bank. They said that those charges were from a merchant and that I should talk to my merchant providers. I called intuit were i got my account linked and advised them that unauthorized charges were made against my account. They acknowledge this and told me that the account was closed and that all I needed to do was to inform my bank. But today I received an email from them charging me $296.79 for insufficient funds!!! Ok I will understand if I made the transactions but I didn't!! I never got to use that reader or the merchant online!! I called upon receiving this letter and all the agent said how I was going to pay that?!! What?!! He said that I was responsible for the account and therefore I owe that money. Right there I knew they will not help me at all with this and that they needed to make a profit out of me. Even if the transactions were fraudulent. Now they are sending me to collections in 2 weeks if I don't pay them. I was almost getting ready to start fresh in 2 years with my credit and now will be longer. Please do yourselves a favor don't use the Intuit GoPayment reader or the merchant online. Their security is a joke and will not protect you!!! Look somewhere else for your merchant needs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2012 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intuit-GoPayment/internet/Intuit-GoPayment-Intuit-Charging-Insufficient-Funds-Fees-for-unauthorized-charges-Intern-921637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intuit GoPayment