Complaint Review: Intuit Turbo Tax

• Submitted: Mon, February 18, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: Craig — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Intuit Turbo Tax

Intuit Turbo Tax Lied, Rerouted Return, Discontinued Card, Blocked My Return Internet

I chose Turbo Tax this year, because I had no problem with them last year. They seemed to be very reliable and helpful with all of my needs. I filled out my tax return much like last year with no problems. I filed my return on the 24th of January. I assumed that there were no problems. The IRS was to blame for my education credit form that was not available to file until the middle of February. My wife checked our debit card that we received from them last year. A week ago there was no problem with the card; it was active. She called in today and it was deactivated. They told my wife that we received a notice in the mail as well as in our email. There was no notice sent to us in either form. The whole point of filing with Turbo Tax was the ease of receiving my refund on the same debit card that we already owned. They decided to deactivate our card and opt us for a check instead without our approval. [continued below]....
..... Or we could file for 'their' NetSpend card, which has been known to have multiple problems so far with their presently unhappy customers. They told me that my address was also different since we moved from our past location. I now need to call the IRS to change my address and send the refund it to a different card or opt for a check. We are going to try to change it to one of our bank accounts and hopefully there will be no problems in doing this with the IRS. I know that it takes almost an hour or longer to get a hold of an actual representative. A check will take a couple extra weeks and  I am not willing to wait that long. There should have been some notification of this before I filed with them. I would have just filed the taxes myself if I knew they were going to do this to me and delay this process. Like I stated earlier, the whole point of filing with them was the ease of the process. This has become somewhat of a nightmare. My wife is talking to our lawyer from our business' Pre-Paid Legal to see what legal ramifications that we could find from this. I want to receive the money that I paid for filing my taxes with them and I would like a serious apology and an explanation from a district manager or someone higher up through Turbo Tax.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 11:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intuit-Turbo-Tax/internet/Intuit-Turbo-Tax-Lied-Rerouted-Return-Discontinued-Card-Blocked-My-Return-Internet-1016529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intuit Turbo Tax