rank

• Submitted: Thu, November 29, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 30, 2012

• Reported By: Barabus49 — Olney Maryland United States of America
Intuit, TurboTax

Intuit, TurboTax Horrible Ripoff Aweful Contempt Disgusting Scam Patronizing , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Response...

This company promised a "guaranteed accurate return", which I paid for and did not receive. They promised prompt, courteous service and provided several weeks-worth of advanced clown college. Their so called audit support is outsourced and completely disconnected from the main company. This is obviously a firewall and cut-out designed to keep the "fleas" away as the phrase I heard most often was "Uhhh... well, we're not directly affiliated with them so I can't really say". This BBB compliant, and the threat of a lawsuit, was the one and only reason their main office took any subsequent interest and they reacted according to obvious corporate procedure, right out of some "deal with the cheesed off customer manual", to cover their backsides and not one inch further.

Bottom line: This company is all about turning a dollar via the mass marketing of "buggy", mediocre software to "Johnny" and "Jane Bag-o-doughnuts" and absolutely not about customer service in any way, shape or form. I cheerfully give the absolute lowest possible rating (if I could go into negative numbers I would) and cannot come up with a strong enough pejorative, without resorting to profanity. Utter contempt would be far too nice. My humble advice to all my brothers and sisters out there who peek over the tax guys shoulder and think "Hey, I could do that! I think I'll try Turbo Tax and save a buck or two"... no you can't! Run, flee, for the love of all that's holy, stay away! Avoid these moldy fish-mongers as one would a bucket of industrial waste!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2012 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intuit-TurboTax/internet/Intuit-TurboTax-Horrible-Ripoff-Aweful-Contempt-Disgusting-Scam-Patronizing-Internet-975800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intuit, TurboTax

Response...

AUTHOR: Bob meighan - (U.S.A.)

I regret your experience in resolving your accuracy was less than satisfactory. We do our best to research each case and report our findings. We stand behind our guarantee when we are at fault. If you'd like for me to personally review your claim, please contact me at turbotax_advocate@intuit.com.

Bob Meighan VP, TurboTax