Complaint Review: Invent Tech

• Submitted: Tue, May 11, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, June 19, 2008

• Reported By:blytheville Arkansas
Invent Tech
2655 Lejeune Road/suite 550 Coral Gables, Florida U.S.A.

Invent Tech ripoff. They took over $600.00 and make you believe that is the cost. Coral Gables Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: -The 'Original'(not connected) So.Calif. INVENTECH is also thus being victimized...

*Consumer Suggestion: the scoop on inventech

*Consumer Comment: TAKING TIME TO READ AND RESEARCH

*Consumer Comment: I WAS RIPPED OFF TOO 4,000 PLUS LATER I LEARNED A LESSON

*Consumer Comment: Get Real You must work for the company

*Consumer Suggestion: Intelligent Inventors

*Consumer Comment: THANK GOD FOR RIPOFF

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: What is a fair price -- they should have to repay everyone they have decieved

*Consumer Comment: look at the papers first

*Consumer Comment: Inventech Legit

My Husband contacted Invent tech from the phone number on the TV.They seemed ok. They get you to send them a copy of your invention. They reveiw it and then they entice you into believing just to check for a similar patent is free. Then they say you need #600.00 to get the patent once it has been researched that no one already has a invention like yours already patent.

Invent tech is a con company of $600 of useless garbage

We sent them our whole 2 weeks pay check. We then get a portfolo in the mail. Now we have advanced and have to talk to someone else. Before it was always John Allen that always called us. Sometimes twice a week . He was acting so nice and friendly to my husband. He is a very good con artist. My husband then talks to the other man that says we have to have $4000.00 for a Video done professionaly of our product.

My beef is this. They should be up front with people about the charges. They lead you to think the $600 is the full cost. If we had known it was going to cost any more we could not have done it and we would not have done it, I am mad and I want my money back. Invent tech is a con company. They must be made to pay.

Billy
blytheville, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2004 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Invent-Tech/Coral-Gables-Florida-33134-5846/Invent-Tech-ripoff-They-took-over-60000-and-make-you-believe-that-is-the-cost-Coral-Ga-91061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Invent Tech

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Original Sandiego 'inventech' Is Very Reputable... - (U.S.A.)

GOOD JOB 'RIPOFF-REPORT': -Indeed, as originator of the name- "Inventech" several decades ago (our primary claim-to-fame is we invented&patented the ubiquitous 'PopUp-Lawnsprinkler'), --and we thus feel we have also been victimized by this nefarious nationally-advertising so-called "alleged" scam-operation, --via the 'blow-off' effect! As their official-name is Invent-Tech (so as to get around my legal-notice upon them to quit any use of my unique name- Inventech; -unfortunately, the public inadvertently streamlines the spelling into my firm's name! -Since we scrupulously endeavor to conduct our business along high-standards of care toward our happy Inventor-clients (check our 'Xlnt.'-rating with the BBB), --this name-association is a constant thorn in our side. Another infamous similar firm to Invent-Tech is 'Invention Submission'(the many TV 'caveman' Ads). Other than calling me as a successful non-attorney usPatent'Consultant-specialist, i would suggest that inventors merely look in their local- YellowPages' for a Pat.Atty./Pat.Agent(an engineer that should be skilled in preparing Pat.Applications but often less costly). While we never conduce patent-work 'on contingency', --i trust this info. helps to reaffirm our somewhat maligned ethical standing, and a 'thousand shames' upon the Florida 'sharks'...
Cordially, ~Robair Vonheck, -Dir./Owner INVENTECH/usa SanDiego, Ca. 92123

#2 Consumer Suggestion

the scoop on inventech

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

i sugest that you go to http://inventored.org/ a great organisation for inventers a good forum an also you will find information on inventech and invent-tech they are realy helpfull people

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ronald J - (U.S.A.)

I am the Executive Director of www.InventorEd.org. InventorEd www.InventorEd.org is an IRS approved 501 (c) 3 non profit whose
mission is to educate aspiring inventors.

We aggressively fight invention promotion fraud. Every year thousands of aspiring inventors are victims of invention promotion fraud. Collectively they lose over $300 million dollars a year. Most people so victimized take three to five years to discover what has
happened. To see if you are using a questionable invention promotion company go to www.InventorEd.org/caution.

Invent Tech has sued at least four of their clients who complained. Their attorney, Leslie Hecker was disbarred and we have reports that she continues to work for Invent Tech. There is some evidence that Peter Doran is behind Invent Tech. Peter Doran was busted by the FTC in Project Mousetrap and was barred from being in the invention promotion business.

Specific and continuously updated information about Invent Tech is available at www.InventorEd.org/caution/invent-tech.

InventorEd-L hosts a number of discussion groups for inventor-entrepreneurs.
Inventors-L is for general discussions about how to proceed with your invention.

Follow the directions to subscribe at: http://www.inventored.org/forums/.

You can make a difference. If you want to play a role in crimping the style of invention promotion frauds please volunteer. We will show you how to gather information and we have contacts with numerous agencies to place that information.

Please remember that InventorEd is a non profit which depends on volunteers and donations. If you lack money remember that your contribution of time is just as valuable as money.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#6 Consumer Suggestion

TAKING TIME TO READ AND RESEARCH

AUTHOR: Beatrice - (U.S.A.)

I myself had contact invent tech due to a invention that I had.I saw the number on t.v and decided why not give them a try.After receiveing the info I contact them and like everyone else I was giving a support person that calls you direct like your important and there interested in your idea. I faxed pattens and so forth.I got a call stating that I was going to have to send 895.00 and like everyone else asked why.I never responsed.I thought I should do my own investergation.I will not stated what I found out about invention companys but what I will say is that before you make the first step in calling them after you receive the package CAREFULLY READ IT OVER.Theres aways an invest included in anything that ha to do with profits.Ask upfront,How much would my investment?Will there be any investment?How long would this process take?Are there any sucess storys that I can read about with you guys name as the patterns?If known of these questions can be answered then rethink your decision to go on with the process because most likely will regrat it. Then theres know one to blame but yourself.Not the company,not the papers they sent out,not your invention,but you.You are the master mind behind your family.your business,and your invention.Protect it like you would your family.Get educated first on invention companys because no one has money to lose I know with (6) children I don't. BIT OF ADVISE. Beatrice Fields,Sioux City Iowa/Chicago,Ill

I WAS RIPPED OFF TOO 4,000 PLUS LATER I LEARNED A LESSON

AUTHOR: VERONICA - (U.S.A.)

HELLO 4,000 plus dollars later and we have been ripped off to they sent us all the same paper work and our nice video ohh but what they neglect to tell you is that you have to mail every thing out your self you think after paying them that kind of money they would be doing every thing now i recieved in the mail our 2 years is up and they want more money thay called us every day in the beging made it sound sooo wonderful on how we would make so much profit we haven't heard from them sence they recieved their money and the product we had thought of they supposedly already did a patent on is all ready out there i want my money back they are a complete RIP OFF

Get Real You must work for the company

AUTHOR: Sherry - (U.S.A.)

You must work for the company, Invent Tech.People have the right to know the total cost up front.Our understanding was that after the invention hits the market they get a percent of the sales.They are not a honest company.They use their friendliness to decieve you.Watch out for this.they would call my husband regular encouraging him to let them get his invention going.We dont make alot of money and really that is not even the point, they stole our money.They knew in advance that what my husband sent them was his two week check.Now thay also had to have known by that we was not going to have $4000.00 more......So my point is why did they not tell us up front...Because we would not have sent them the first money we sent....Deceitful Company.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

Intelligent Inventors

AUTHOR: Shaun - (United States Minor Outlying Islands)

Unfortunately, these "Rip Off" claims seem a bit naive.

It seems that the 'inventors' feel that prototypes, manufacturing samples and Engineers are free, and it is sort of unfortunate.

If you look at the cost of getting a patent by yourself, you will understand the money that is required to get inventions off the ground.

I would suggest looking into the situation as a whole instead of diving in at a company that does what it says.

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO SEND THEM MY MONEY, THANKS TO MY WIEF SHE TOLD TO LOOK THEM, AND I FOUND RIPOFF.COM, AND HERE I AM TELLING THEM, TO GO AND LICK ME NOW. THERE IS NOW WAY IM SENDING THEM ANYTHING, BUT WHERE CAN WE GO WITH OUR IDEAS?
AND TRY TO MAKE A LITTLE MONEY, YOU CANT TRUST ANY OF THESE SO CALLED INVENTION COMPANYS, THERE JUST HERE TO RIP US OFF.

#12 REBUTTAL Individual responds

What is a fair price -- they should have to repay everyone they have decieved

AUTHOR: Sherry - (U.S.A.)

What is a fair price? Good businesses will inform you up front about the additional cost. First you send $650, my husband said it was more than that. Then you are told two three weeks later that you have to have $4000.00 more. I dont know about you but to regular class people thats not change.

That is as much as my husband makes in 3 1/2 months. You can butter it up as much as you want to but it is a rip off..........You also said in rebuttal that they [the company,if you can call that a company]has to make money. they get a percentage of the sales of your product...It is wrong and they should have to repay everyone they have decieved.

look at the papers first

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

I have an idea in the making and yes there is a second charge but that is where your investors come in to play after this coverage is paid then you pay nothing more and this is in a written contract, so you must be adventurous as well as able to talk to investors and inventech also it doesn't hurt to record all phone conversations and no one will tell you can't invent tech is real and reliable.

AUTHOR: Brian - (Canada)

Actually I also had an invention that I also had in the making with Invent Tech. Actually they wanted me to send them $895 (plus other costs) thinking the other costs were small, for their fee to go into the research and development of this invention. I was very hesitant to send them that kind of money. It's like you said, They should tell us of these other big charges in the future up front before we try to venture into the next step. Because there are some of us out there that just can't afford these high fees. This program is for people that already have a lot of money to begin with, I think. I feel like the company itself has to make money somewhere to just to keep it afloat. But let it make money on people that can afford to do this kind of stuff.

I think some of these inventors can't afford going through with this and now I know can't eitheir. They actually told me if my invention didn't sell that they could send me my money back. If the invention was going to be able to sell that could mean something different.

I asked Invent Tech for any previous clients and an employee at Invent Tech told me that their previous clients wouldn't want to give out private information like that. He said he didn't have any names. The employee wanted me to keep this confidential and not to tell anybody else my invention that I had. Actually I got the idea to ask about previous clients from an educated nurse that I had talked to about when I was about to send the $600 to $900 that Invent Tech wanted. Talking to educated people can really help. He must not have wanted me to find out all the costs involved in funding this project. These people at this site were my answer to a mystery that I was unsure about. I also had my Dad tell me not to do this because of my own current finanicial state that I'm in now.

Inventech Legit

AUTHOR: Carol E. Boonstra - (U.S.A.)

I wish to refute the Rip Off Report concerning Inventech. I have been dealing with this firm for several months and have been treated with the greatest respect and cooperation.

Having listened carefully, I never heard that it was only $600 for the entire process.

I have complied with the regulations of Inventech, after contacting the S. Florida Better Business Bureau, and a press release is in circulation.

I find Inventech to be a viable and honest company. It is a shame that, due to someone's misunderstanding of the patent and invention process, a decent, helpful company suffers a black eye.

I look forward to my continuing relationshop with Inventech and my idea becoming a reality.

Sincerely,