Complaint Review: InventHelp Verified TRUSTED Business | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. InventHelp has made its corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for over thirty years. InventHelp assisting inventors to submit inventions, new product idea to industry leaders. InventHelp can refer the best independent licensed patent attorney to provide preliminary patent search and opinion. InventHelp maintains the largest network of regional sales offices of any similar firm: 60+ cities in the US, Canada, Germany and Australia.

• Submitted: Tue, October 21, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 20, 2016

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
217 Ninth Street Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

InventHelp Verified TRUSTED Business REVIEW: InventHelp is dedicated to customer service. We love our Inventors!
*UPDATE: InventHelp pledges commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits consumers, ensuring complete satisfaction, confidence when doing business with a member business. InventHelp recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW

EDitor's UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to InventHelp for its full commitment to quality customer service.

Ripoff Report's discussions with InventHelp have uncovered an ongoing dedication by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any concerns. InventHelp listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

InventHelp is Ripoff Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified™ . [continued below]....
...... part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program.A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Matthew Tagliavia during an onsite inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases towards InventHelp.

Invention Submission Corporation, also know as, Inventhelp, is an invention company that looks to assist inventors that would like to submit their ideas confidentially to companies. Matthew Tagliavia stated the following about his company, "we offer patent referral services and marketing materials."

Leads for Invention Submission Corporation are obtained primarily through traditional advertising on television. Mr. Tagliavia additionally stated, "we advertise on Google, Bing, and Yahoo, as well as radio and any other way to reach inventors. Mr. Tagliavia additionally stated the following about the Invention Submission Corporation, "we have 65 sales offices all across the country in major metropolitan areas. We receive leads for those areas." The sales rep, also called regional directors, reaches out to the lead and had them come in for a confidential meeting, where they sign a statement of confidentiality, "which states we cannot do anything with their idea without their written permission." From that point the customer will tell Invention Submission Corporation their idea, "we do not evaluate ideas at all. We do not tell them if it is good or bad. We are merely providing services to them if they want to proceed."

CUSTOMER CARE & COMPLAINT RESOLUTION – INVENTHELP

During the onsite interview Mr. Tagliavia was asked to describe a situation where a client was not satisfied with the level of service they received. He stated the following about the types of complaints that they see in addition to how they handle these complaints, "every single person that purchases our services receives a survey. And that is to ensure that all of our regional directors are following protocol, making sure that they are not talking about success, leading the inventor on, or evaluating the inventor. In the event that something could happen and they are not pleased wit the services, we do have a Client Services Department that handles that, and we truly to remedy the issue whether it is a discrepancy with materials."

When asked to comment on complaints posted on Ripoff Report's website Mr. Coral stated the following, "I don't know if any of these [complaints] are clients. I had one client who said that they got hacked and posted a review and apologized for posting it." Mr. Tagliavia also stated that Invention Submission Corporation has been in business for 30 years and have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. He additionally stated the following, "we are a legitimate company that provides legitimate services to the honest inventor that really needs help. That is why we have George Foreman as our spokesperson, because that is what he believes in."

When asked what type of changes they have made to honor their commitment to make things right with the consumer per the request of Ripoff Report, Mr. Tagliavia stated, "we are constantly trying to better our services for the inventor. If we get complaints or anything in regards to our services we obviously try to make them better. We try to make better metal prototypes, we are updating materials using 3D renderings, we provide a virtual invention browsing experience for companies to look at ideas. We are constantly improving. We are trying to give our clients the people paying that money a good service for the money they are paying."

Invention Submission Corporation is proud to be apart of Ripoff Reports Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, "It means we can talk to the people who have issues. There is no reason anybody's issue should go unresolved and being a part of this allows us to do that. Before being apart of this program, they see the negative first. Now that we partner with Ripoff Report, we are able to give then the pictures, the description prior to seeing anything else. It is an honest description of our company before they read any negatives. It is good and we are excited about it.

INVENTHELP – STATEMENT FROM THE MARKETING DIRECTOR– MATTHEW TAGLIAVIA

" We are constantly striving to provide our clients with the best services in the industry. We listen to our clients and try and make the necessary changes to make sure they are pleased with our services.

InventHelp's Employees are dedicated to their work. InventHelp takes employee satisfaction seriously as well. Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this, "InventHelp is a great place to work! "

Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that InventHelp's past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM INVENTHELP

InventHelp recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report's review, InventHelp has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with Matthew Tagliavia, Ripoff Report is convinced that InventHelp is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

How does a business get Ripoff Report Verified™

The member business allows Ripoff report to email everyone from the past. Those who respond to Ripoff report with a valid complaint must be take care of.. they have made a commitment that if anyone contacts Ripoff Report in the future, they will make things right within 14 days. The member business must err on the side of their customers. Otherwise the member business is off the program.

Ripoff Report has determined that IventHelp Ripoff Report Verified™ standards which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. Members of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction program do pay a fee for our on-site review, 24 hour monitoring and for support with customers to resolve any disagreements.

Ripoff Report sends a 3rd party service to do an onsite inspection of the new member business. The on-site inspection / review does not mean that the products or services offered by the business have been evaluated or endorsed by Ripoff Report, and has not made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services. We can verify, that Ripoff Report went to the business, verified their business or “work from home business”, there for, if a customer in the future does not get treated correctly, Ripoff Report can get the problem resolved. If not, and the customers is right, the member business will be taken off the Corporate Advocacy Program. Remember, Ripoff Report emailed every customer from the past that filed a complaint to make sure the member business made things right with customers from the past. Again, to err on the side of their customer, those from the past and those in the future.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

InventHelp Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

I can still remember it like if it was yesterday: my mother, father and I were sitting across from Jay R. Hoke, the Sales Representative at the Long Island InventHelp branch, discussing with us how much our dreams of inventing our own product could become a reality. Fast forward an initial deposit of $945, another $11,490, and three years later, and all I have to show for it is a stupid book and a brochure that a 10 year old could've made. Everything from the get go is a scam but we were too naive to realize it. We paid for the Concept Catalog and Galleria Submission Service, which was to include: - Preparation of color New Product Submission Brochure - Standard Industrial Classification Codes assigned to my invention - InventHelp Data Bank Attempt to match SIC codes with company interest areas - Submission of New Product Brochure to companies in the InventHelp DataBank - Preparation of Invention Summary - Submission of Invention Summary to companies in InventHelp's other database - Preparation of the Publicity Release - Submission of the Publicity Release to trade publications and other media - Listing in an edition of New Product Invention Register - Listing on InventHelp's website - InventHelp attendance at trade shows and expositions for general company contacts - Review any interest which may be expressed - Mailing interim status reports - Request client suggestions and input - Publication of Invention Summary in a future Concept Catalog edition - New Product Submission Brochure exhibited at the next available INPEX Galleria After three years and many nights of researching InventHelp, I decided to call their HQ today and spoke with a woman named Sarah Worthington. I asked her to please fax me all progress reports including proof that my invention has been marketed or at least DISCUSSED with companies, shown at the INPEX show, as well as the Concept Catalog. She (along with a woman named Mara) informed me that they do not keep copies of the letters that they mail out to companies, nor do they do any type of proof of mailing or anything of the sort, and that instead, I would have to "take a leap of faith" that what they're telling me they've done is true. I blatantly told her that if that was the case, then she should have just taken a leap of faith on the concept of me paying them rather than to charge me upfront, to which she slyly replied that I could at any time stop making payments to them. This simply is NOT true; or rather, it is, but not if you want your credit report to go unaffected by them. Aside from a few "confirmation" letters, a book, and a brochure, I have not received any of the services promised to me the day I signed the contract. Not to mention that it's d**n near impossible to contact any of the companies that allegedly do business with InventHelp, and the ones that I have found, don't know my invention at all. Sarah informed me that this may be because they sent my marketing proposal over a year ago, and so of course they would forget. Sound bogus yet? The most they promised me they could do, is try to find out who was at the Galleria show, get their hands on one of the "exclusive" brochures since they're in such limited quantities, and re-send me the correspondence letters that they've sent. I told her that this simply isn't good enough, because my mother and I invested $12,000 of hard earned cash that we didn't have and at the end of the day, there's NOTHING to show for it. She even tried to get me to sign up for further marketing/promotion efforts on their behalf. No thanks! Sarah then tried to explain to me that they wouldn't lie about the work they've done because they've been in business for over 20 years and have never had a problem, to which I informed her that I'm aware of the FTC ruling of 1994. She then tells me that they were found to have done no wrong in that case, to which I asked her that if this was true, then why did they have to dish out $1.2M in settlements to various unhappy clients? I don't think I ever got that question answered. I told her that unless I'm getting a refund, I will be filing charges and complaints with the BBB, FTC, the Pennsylvania Attorney General, USPTO, and my own personal attorney and seek litigation against this company. The most she promised me? That she would pass on my suggestion of keeping better and more accurate records. I cannot believe that a company like this can still exist and scam people the way that they do. Stephanie Brooklyn, New York

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InventHelp Verified TRUSTED Business | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. InventHelp has made its corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for over thirty years. InventHelp assisting inventors to submit inventions, new product idea to industry leaders. InventHelp can refer the best independent licensed patent attorney to provide preliminary patent search and opinion. InventHelp maintains the largest network of regional sales offices of any similar firm.

dont feel alone stephanie

AUTHOR: DC8MIA - (United States of America)

Hi stephanie .

that is exactly what is happening to me right now , that and a little more but i will fight to the end to get my money back , what is a real surprise to me is that you  would think that some cunsumer protection agency from our goverment will protect us from this kind of scam , the IRS , FBI , USPTO, FTA , should get involved and do something but i dont see that anywhere , not only get inventhelp out of business but prosecute and fine and jail the people behind so we make sure that this people do not open another business like this ever again ....

I join the ranks of those suckers that InventHelp ripped off! They took me for $12,000

AUTHOR: Greg - (U.S.A.)

I had the same encounter! InventHelp never came through with any of the commitments they offered! They took my cash and for two years, absolutely noting happened! They did not represent themselves honestly and this is a very dishonest and fraudulent company!!! What a scam!! I am so stupid for falling for this!

What can we do to get our hard earned money back? I have a wife and 6 year old daughter to support and this evil company screwed me and my family big time!

Rgds,