• Report: #142058

• Submitted: Mon, May 09, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, May 09, 2005

• Reported By:Buffalo New York
Inventech, Invention Technologies
2655 Lejeune Rd. - Suite 500 Coral Gables, Florida U.S.A.

Inventech, Invention Technologies Ripoff This company is a hungry wolf dressed in sheeps clothing Coral Gables Florida

I agree with the rebuttal that says promoting a new idea takes time and money. The first step of doing a patent search by a legitimate attorney will cost several hundred dollars. However, this company promotes itself deceptively. I too was a victim of a smooth / fast talking "new project director" at Inventech. I had several phone conversations, asked a lot of questions and also did some internet research (obviously not deep enough) before sending them $895 + $15 s&h. Here is my major objection. I was told that during the preliminary patent search if anything is found that mirrors my idea, they would stop the process and send me a refund. I was also told that once I recieve the Invention research portfolio, if I am not satisfied I could return it back in 10 days for a refund. But here's how they suckered me.

During their process (after getting my money) I called them to see how it was going. I was told that it was almost complete and the search did not turn up anything that would stop the process. I was excited to hear this and couldn't wait to get the portfolio. Five days later it arrived at my door. The first thing I noticed was the hand drawing of my idea that looked like it was done by a child (with my name on it - spelled wrong!)Then I came across a copy of a patent filed two years ago by someone in Connecticut for the exact same idea. I called them immediately to ask what the heck was going on. They told me not to worry because it was only a "patent aplication". They also said that manufacturers don't want new product ideas with patents because if they have to change the product, the patent will be useless. I asked "then why do inventors even bother with patents?" He said typically the inventor will apply for a patent after it is accepted by a manufacturer. He proceeded to tell me that they feel this a great idea and want to promote it further. But in order to do that, I would have to lock into a two year exclusive contract with Inventech at a cost of between $4,450 and $8,950. They strung me along with this BS for about a week. At this point I realized I was being taken advantage of and told the "new project director" I wanted a refund and was sending the prtfolio back to them. I was them told that the ten day return period had elapsed (which according to them starts the day they mailed to me). All of my phone calls and / or messages from that point on went unanswered by them (of course. they knew I wasn't falling for the BS anymore).

This company takes advantage of people that don't know what the process is for patenting and marketing a new idea. They fall prey to thier slick fast talking BS, and don't realize what is going on until it's too late. BEWARE OF INVENTECH.

John
Buffalo, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2005 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inventech-Invention-Technologies/Coral-Gables-Florida-33134/Inventech-Invention-Technologies-Ripoff-This-company-is-a-hungry-wolf-dressed-in-sheeps-c-142058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inventech, Invention Technologies