Complaint Review: Inventhelp (aka Invention Submission Corporation)

• Submitted: Wed, November 28, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, November 28, 2007

• Reported By:Monroe North Carolina
Inventhelp (aka Invention Submission Corporation)
217 Ninth Street Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Inventhelp (aka Invention Submission Corporation) scammed me out of money Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: This is what you MUST do:

Their so-called services do nothing to help patent or sell invention ideas. I was told by a patent attorney I talked with and he said it was all a bunch of junk, that they scammed me. He also said about the so-called patent I have with inventhelp that I needed a provisional patent not a design patent, which is all they did for me. The design patent is worthless. I quit sending them money and the universal payment corporation aka universal finance company is all the time aggravating me to pay up the last bit I owe. I refuse to talk with them because I told inventhelp that I just want my hard-earned money back that I was hoping to invest in with the invention idea I had. Now I am out over 16,000.00 plus more because of this so-called company. They have completely ripped me off. Please help if you can. Thanks so much.

Cross2581
Monroe, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2007 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inventhelp-aka-Invention-Submission-Corporation/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15222-3506/Inventhelp-aka-Invention-Submission-Corporation-scammed-me-out-of-money-Pittsburgh-Penns-287496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inventhelp (aka Invention Submission Corporation)

This is what you MUST do:

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Contact Jennifer Kelley in the PA Attorney General's Office with a complaint. Make sure you reference them as 'formerly Invention Submission Corp.' This is imperative! They need nnumerous complaints in order to do an investigation. Here is the complaint form to fill out and address to Ms. Kelley:

attorneygeneral.gov/bcp_form.cfm

14th Floor, Strawberry Square
Harrisburg, PA 17120

As well as to your Attorney General. They can be found here:

naag.org/ag/full_ag_table.php

Also file a complaint with the United States Patent and Trademark Office-copy and paste the below address and scroll down to 'complaints' and them 'complaint forms'

uspto.gov/web/offices/com/iip/index.htm

Also with the FTC:

rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

Also with consumer affairs online:

consumeraffairs.com/php/a_report.php

also, send a complaint with copies of your paperwork-certified, return receipt requested to:

Mary Beth Buchanon

Federal Trade Commission
Suite 200
11 Superior Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44114-2507

Complaints about them as Invention Submission Corp. can be found. Also read what a former employee says about the way they operate.

Make sure you reference this in your complaint in association with Invention Submission

Do not let them bully you into a partial refund. They tried the excuse that 'it's been 10 years' with me-as well as a gag order. I want the full refund as required by the FTC-94 ruling. This is the minimum I will accept to even think about not talking about this scam. I have the list of alleged 'companies' from their highly touted 'databank' that had NOTHING to do with what I was trying to market-much less that I needed foreign patents and was told I didn't-a violation of FTC-94.

I don't care how long it's been. All this scam information and rulings have not been available for 10 years so who cares. I, myself, didn't get internet access until 1999 and was a real rookie then as to how to search and access information. I am quite a bit better now and they will pay-either me by way of a full refund or in loss of revenue which I know has already exceeded what they could/should have refunded me.

Keep us updated. We must keep these slugs in the public eye to save others from the same fate.