Complaint Review: Invention Resource International

• Updated: Thu, August 09, 2012

• Reported By: Mr.Christo — Poughkeepsie New York United States of America
Invention Resource International
555 Route 1 South Suite 140 Iselin, New Jersey United States of America

Invention Resource International Vince Kapolka It sounded too good to be true, and it was! Iselin, New Jersey

I wish I had researched these guys before I blindly gave them my money. I was convinced that I had created a real gem by a smooth talking prick named Vince Kapolka..if I remember correctly...he even had the nerve to hit on my mother. I was told that for eight thousand and change I could get a provisional patent, and after giving him five thousand I was told they had their own bank...Desert View Funding, which had "so much faith in my incredible idea that they would lend me the rest." He told me I would most likely pick up a manufacturer with their first or second mailing of the brochures they made for me...which took an incredibly long time to make considering how lame they turned out to be. I realize now they make it take that long so they can collect monthly payments from me for the money they lent me. Well..it is all over. More than a year has passed..there have supposedly been three mailings..no interest at all. I was told my invention did not exist anywhere in the world, but while at a friend's house one day he pulled one out of his kitchen drawer. I was devastated and angry, but I still did not lose faith, because it was not EXACTLY the same as mine, which apparently is a loophole they used to their advantage.

I got mail today from the lawyer they set me up with....my provisional patent has run out, but for another three thousand I could buy an extension or some shit....what a joke. They are not getting another dime from me. I live on disability for christ's sakes..I really thought this was going to make things better for me and my mother. Now....there is just the bad memory of how I got her to go there with me..to meet this man...and listen to his bullshit spiel..to watch him rip off her son, and in the end it was just five grand I could have given to her. It would have been money much better spent. My savings account is gone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2012 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Invention-Resource-International/Iselin-New-Jersey-08830/Invention-Resource-International-Vince-Kapolka-It-sounded-too-good-to-be-true-and-it-was-924957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Invention Resource International