Complaint Review: Invention Submission Corporation

• Submitted: Fri, August 03, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, August 19, 2007

• Reported By:Cincinnati Ohio
Invention Submission Corporation
21 Esate Dr #4 Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.

Invention Submission Corporation ripoff Patent Attorney allowed application to be abandoned Cincinnati Ohio

*Consumer Comment: What you MUST do

I had a invention and wanted my dream of seeing it to the market a reality. My sister and I met with a representative in the Sharonville, Ohio office, John Smith. He raved about how many people ISC has help and the number of new ideas they assisted to the market.
We took advantage if the patent availability search and waited for 9 weeks. After this time elapsed, we received a letter from ISC stating that we were eligible for an utility patent.

Later, we were offered a package that consisted of a patent attorney and marketing to companies. About every 3rd month, ISC sent us a list of companies they sent our idea to. My sister took the liberty of calling one of the companies on the list. She was shocked with what she heard. A representative of one, said that when they received mail from ISC, they trash it. He later went on to say the had not crediblity.

This is not all the attorney that was working on our patent allowed our application to go into "Abandoment" status. He did not respond to the inquires from the USPTO. My sister called to check on the patent and the rep stated that the atty has not responded to them.

I feel robbed and there should be restitution. At least the attorney the received pay for goods and did not make good of services should be held responsible.

If some experienced a similar incident, contact me.

Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2007 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Invention-Submission-Corporation/Cincinnati-Ohio-45102/Invention-Submission-Corporation-ripoff-Patent-Attorney-allowed-application-to-be-abandone-265056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Invention Submission Corporation

What you MUST do

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

What you MUST do-it is IMPERATIVE:

Contact Jennifer Kelley in the PA Attorney General's Office with a complaint. Make sure you reference them as 'formerly Invention Submission Corp.' This is imperative! They need nnumerous complaints in order to do an investigation. Here is the complaint form to fill out and address to Ms. Kelley:

Jennifer Kelley-Agent

Bureau of Consumer Protection
14th Floor, Strawberry Square
Harrisburg, PA 17120

As well as to your Attorney General. They can be found here:

Also file a complaint with the United States Patent and Trademark Office-copy and paste the below address and scroll down to 'complaints' and them 'complaint forms'

Also with the FTC:

Also with consumer affairs online:

also, send a complaint with copies of your paperwork-certified, return receipt requested to:

Mary Beth Buchanon

Federal Trade Commission
Suite 200
11 Superior Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44114-2507

Complaints about them as Invention Submission Corp. can be found. Also read what a former employee says about the way they operate.

Make sure you reference this in your complaint in association with Invention Submission

Do not let them bully you into a partial refund. They tried the excuse that 'it's been 10 years' with me-as well as a gag order. I want the full refund as required by the FTC-94 ruling. This is the minimum I will accept to even think about not talking about this scam. I have the list of alleged 'companies' from their highly touted 'databank' that had NOTHING to do with what I was trying to market-much less that I needed foreign patents and was told I didn't-a violation of FTC-94.

I don't care how long it's been. All this scam information and rulings have not been available for 10 years so who cares. I, myself, didn't get internet access until 1999 and was a real rookie then as to how to search and access information. I am quite a bit better now and they will pay-either me by way of a full refund or in loss of revenue which I know has already exceeded what they could/should have refunded me.

Keep us updated. We must keep these slugs in the public eye to save others from the same fate.