Complaint Review: Invertercentral.com

• Submitted: Thu, October 30, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 05, 2008

• Reported By:Santa Barbara California
Invertercentral.com
PO Box 220 Perry, Maine U.S.A.

Invertercentral.com sold me the incorrect part and refused to refund the money or get me a correct part Perry Maine

*UPDATE Employee: InverterCentral.com Quality Care Response

I ordered a part from this company and asked for express shipping so I could do the repair quickly 20 dollars extra they sent a part that was different from the correct part displayed on their website. After 5 days I called to see where the part was and they said they would send it that day after three more days I got the part which as I mentioned was no good to me I sent it back and asked for a refund I put a confirmation on the return and found that they received the part back they refused to refund my money I don't have a part and was charged 139.98 to my credit card. I made a claim with my credit card company and am still battling with these people to get a refund this is 4 months after I needed the part which I did get elsewhere. This company does not deserve to ever have another client. They are crooked.

Don
Santa Barbara, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2008 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Invertercentralcom/Perry-Maine-04667/Invertercentralcom-sold-me-the-incorrect-part-and-refused-to-refund-the-money-or-get-me-a-1029129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Invertercentral.com

InverterCentral.com Quality Care Response

AUTHOR: Invertercentral.com - (U.S.A.)

Dear Don,

We will do whatever is necessary to ensure you receive either a properly working replacement part, have a store credit placed on file, or receive a full refund.

Regarding your specific transaction, we have made several attempts to contact you only to have your voicemail box be full each time we call. We then located an alternate phone number for you that always goes unanswered. You have made several false statements here that we will first address and then move on to the remedy available to you.

1) Your order was placed on August 5th, 2008. It has not been 4 months. It has been 2 months & 25 days between your initial purchase and your posting.

2) The part sent out was the same part that was selected when you placed your order. You selected the P613178 LCD inverter with a 6 pin input connector and dual outputs. This same part is made by both Tamura and NEC/Tokin so there may be minor variations between the two, but they are the same inverter.

3) Since this part was located overseas, express shipping was not an available shipping option nor did you select express shipping. If you did, you would have been charged $29.99.

4) You were only charged $19.99 for shipping & handling for 3 day priority service with an estimated ship out date of 2-5 days after you purchased your item. This was clearly stated at checkout.

As you indicated, You received your item via priority service 8 days after your purchase, which is exactly when we said you should expect to see it arrive. (5 before it shipped + 3 days to arrive cross-country)

As we have said many times, you are not eligible for a full refund. You were eligible for a free cross shipment or store credit. You are not eligible for a refund because we provided the exact level of service that we described at the time of purchase. Please visit the Answer Center though our web site and read the section headed Return Procedures and Policies.

When you filed the chargeback, your issuing bank reviewed all of the documentation including our refund policy, tracking details, support notes, and correspondences. WHEN YOUR BANK ALSO CONCLUDED THAT YOU WERE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND, this transaction was closed.

However, we are pleased to remind you that you currently have a credit on file with us. Feel free to call in any time to have your credit applied to your next purchase.

We hope that your diligence in posting this complaint continues with a prompt response. While it is true that we typically do not offer refunds for misdiagnosed problems, we do offer a free one-time exchange and in some cases, place credit on file. Refunds are issued only if we cannot locate a properly working part. The delivery timeframe depends on how rare the part is and how long it has been out of production.

If a customer buys the last unit of a certain item, we either locate a replacement, which often takes time, or place a credit on file. We cannot allow customers to take advantage by insisting that we cater to misdiagnosed problems or accepting damaged parts returned in exchange for working parts. Our primary goal is to provide properly working replacements for out of production and end of life equipment.

Sincerely,