Complaint Review: Invicta Watch

• Submitted: Fri, August 08, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, August 08, 2008

• Reported By:Miami Florida
Invicta Watch
3069 Taft St. Hollywood, Florida U.S.A.

Invicta Watch 8 Weeks For Them To Fix A Watch! Unconscionable! Hollywood Florida

On 7/8/08 UPS delivered to Invicta a watch I sent them whose metal band kept falling off, something was wrong with the pins. The watch also fell to the floor at least twice when the pins failed. An explanatory letter was included. On 7/18 I followed up since I hadn't heard anything, not a word even though I provided my phone and email address. I always write down the names of persons with whom I speak when following up, I neglected to do so this time. On 7/18 a man told me usual repair time is 3-6 weeks. On 8/8 I again called. This time I got his name, Chris. He informed me that standard turnaround time for any repair is 6-8 weeks and my watch would most likely not be ready until 9/9/08. He had no idea why another employee, or perhaps it was he since I didn't write down a name last time, would tell me the watch could be ready in 3-6 weeks. It's my understanding the repair center belongs to Invicta, the watch manufacturer.

It is an inconvenience to a customer and it is not good business practice to take 8 WEEKS to repair a watch, most of all when the repair is as simple as replacing pins, putting the band back on and checking that the watch is working. Beware anyone else who plans on purchasing an Invicta watch: Prepare to be without a watch a minimum of 8 weeks if a repair is needed. Stay away from this brand, this turnaround time should not be acceptable to anyone and I'm sorry I have found out the hard way.

Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2008 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Invicta-Watch/Hollywood-Florida-33021/Invicta-Watch-8-Weeks-For-Them-To-Fix-A-Watch-Unconscionable-Hollywood-Florida-360817. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Invicta Watch