Complaint Review: Invigo.ca

• Submitted: Mon, April 30, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, April 30, 2012

• Reported By: Podmark — Edmonton Alberta Canada

Invigo.ca Bob Mangat Don't fall for his lies! Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to Mr. Sherayhar Chaudhry the Edmonton Foot Doctor

Mr. Bob Mangat of Invigo.ca contacted me in October of last year to help me with marketing my medical practice. He has a very good sales copy that details exactly what he will do for you for about $1400 per month. There is also a setup fee for approximately the same amount that is charged.  I told him I wanted to discuss with him weekly what our strategies and plans were to be and he said that would be what we could do. However, month after month, his progress was very slow. He really didn't accomplish much and my expectations were being lowered, but he convinced me to continue with working with him. He then talked me into moving my domain names and hosting from a reputable website marketing company to him. He said he could create a great website for me for $1000. I agreed to do this and he also stated he would host if for free. Once that was done, this was in February of 2012, he then tells me that the site actually cost him $1500 but he would "honour" his original quote of $1000. However, the website hosting would be $120 per month. I have emails from him to prove this. I did not argue because I thought this "honest" person had done me a favour. Finally, after another 2 months of no discernible progress and lack of meetings, I got smart and realized I was getting ripped of for over $1400 for him to essentially do nothing!!
I had asked him for accounting and reporting of his activities which he never provided me. He was supposed to give me monthly videos, blogs, articles, Facebook, twitter and other social media rankings which never materialized. I have his sales copy and can back up all that I am saying. He did way less than half of what he promised. He comes across as honest and "white hat" on his website indigo.ca. For any who read this, they must be aware that when you see a so called "marketing guru" on a ONE page website, red flags should go off. When I finally told him that I was not going to use his "services" anymore, he first tells me that his policy is 30days notice. I sent him a copy of his "contract" and asked him to tell me where it says I need 30 days notice. He backed off. He then wanted an extra $500 for his "website creation" because he says he "didn't want to take a loss". That's when I truly realized what a scumbag he is! What kind of company lies to you about how much it cost to build a website, $1000 for a Word Press site, and then lies again to squeeze another $500 from you?!! Come on now! If that wasn't enough, when he transferred my domain names from Officite, remember, I paid them for already, he put them under his name. He had no authority to do that other than transfer them in my name with him hosting! He now holds them hostage. I am going to be seeking legal action because he  now wants to extort this last months' payment from me even though he didn't do jack squat in the month of April. I caution anyone who wants to work with this guy. I can back up what I am saying with his sales copy and his emails. Other marketing companies I contacted couldn't believe how much he was charging me for doing nothing and alerted me that he was ripping me off big time! BEWARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2012 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Invigoca/internet/Invigoca-Bob-Mangat-Dont-fall-for-his-lies-Internet-876356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Invigo.ca

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to Mr. Sherayhar Chaudhry the Edmonton Foot Doctor

AUTHOR: Bob Mangat - ()

A smart business man or anyone for that matter knowing full well they are getting ripped off would NOT continue to do so month after month. Yet he states he knew after the 2nd month and continued to get ripped off for the next 4 months even though he knew he was getting ripped off. Doesn't make sense..(I explain this more in detail later)

This is in response to Mr. Sherayhar Chaudhry the Edmonton foot doctor who failed to pay his bills on time and do any of the work himself yet blame others for dismal results, lack of patients and a totally
disorganized office.

We are marketers and this guy is right our sales copy is very good. Naturally thats what we do not only for us but for all of our clients. We've helped hundreds of clients dominate their markets IF they put the work into it themselves. Weve got many testimonials to this effect, on video, on paper and some of our clients can be called as well to confirm these statements.  We work WITH our clients in a strategic partnership
and help them develop an overall brand presence on the Internet using video, social, mobile and local marketing strategies and have been VERY successful at it.

Ill address the specific allegations this guy has stated here:

1. Rankings: We had over 30 MAIN keywords ranking on page 1 within the 3rd month of him dealing with us. (and by the way we only contracted to have 20 main keywords completed). We showed him the results and he was happy.  We pretty much spoke every other week going over things, and we talked about rankings, business, technology etc. Why would he continue paying us, giving us updated payment information etc. when he was this disappointed and never brought any of this up to us?  It doesnt make sense. The reality of it is is Dr. Chaudhry had many personal things going on in his own life, sometimes spending time here and in Arizona. He never took our suggestions and wanted miracles to happen without any input.  We dont work like that. We work with our clients and develop online strategies together. If he himself has no time to get his business on track then how can you expect someone that you pay $1400 (less than a part time wage) dollars a month to pull some magic out of his hat and get things done without any input or any knowledge of the Foot Doctor Industry?  I mean were good but not that good.

2. Hosting Costs: We never said it cost's $120 bucks a month that to me is outrageous. We've NEVER told anyone of our clients that. It's $120 for the year or $10 bucks a month.  Get your facts straight please before you try to ruin someones reputation with bogus claims.

3. Website: We built him a website at www.EdmontonFootDoctor.com he loved it and told us we could charge his credit card for the amount owing and then he claims we didnt do anything. We built him this website for our cost. A cost that was basically our designers wage for the month. If anyone was to take a look at this site and see that a regular designer/agency would charge over $4000-$5000+ for this site alone. I challenge anyone to get a half decent designer to get a quote for a CUSTOM wordpress site built similar to the quality level of ours. Because he disputed the charges and still owed us money we did not release the domain name or the files of the website. Heres a Quote of an email from him to the domain registrar I have called Officite and authorized you to call them to make any necessary changes. This was his own mistake. We advised he should keep his own domain names. He told us to do it and said was busy, faxed over written authorization himself to the registrar giving me access. Having said this now that he wanted the domain transferred back we would require payment before releasing it. Would you release something if someone didnt pay you for it? We have no desire to keep these things, but if money is owed and not paid and in arrears then we will.  We did him a favor charged him less for the site, and got screwed in the end.

4. We never convinced or manipulated anyone into moving their information, domains, hosting etc over. We just make recommendations and in the end its up to them to make the decision. In fact we hate taking care of that stuff. Were marketers, we dont run a hosting company, or domain business. We could care less but we do it because its an added service and its easier for everyone.

5. When we met the Foot Doc he had about 4-5 different technology solutions and programs that he was involved in. He was confused what to do, and what to use, when to use it and how to use it. He was using so many different strategies that he wasnt doing anything right, and by adding us maybe even confused him some more. We actually saved him money by getting him to look at his business and expenses differently. I advised he didnt need those things and that he needs to put his focus on other things like developing some videos for his business.  He did I think 1 or 2 videos in the 5 month span we dealt with him.  I've got clients that crank 10 in a day. the difference between ordinary and extraordinary is action. You have to take action and implement things fast in business. this just was not the case with the Foot Doc.

6. Accounting: I'm not sure why he would need my accounting information. But he received invoices on a regular basis, knew what he was paying and when and if he had any issues we were an email or a call away. And to be honest it was a headache just trying to get his credit card put through. I would get emails every month from accounting saying it declined. Then we would send him an email and he would tell me that his business was slow, that hes taking 2 weeks off and that takes a toll on his finances. And we were fine with it. We work with our clients. We understand business and we never pushed or pressured for payment. If he was disappointed in our service then maybe he shouldnt have paid the next invoice?  I dont know but if I dont get something that Im promised I dont pay. Simple as that, but thats just me.  On the other hand Ill gladly pay for something that I receive and am happy with.

7.  One-Page Website - Not sure what he is referring to. Our website is located at www.invigo.ca and shows many examples, and testimonials from our clients.  We build lead generating websites or some may know them as Landing Pages; these can be sometimes 1 pagers but is always integrated with our main website.  We do this on purpose and is part of our overall strategy to generate leads.  Any half decent marketer will tell you this is necessary for generating quality leads.

8. Policy: Our policy is 30 days cancellation and I agree with his statement. It was on our website and not on the contract he signed so he is right on this one. Thanks to him we have now made this change on all of our contracts.

He sais in his statement After 2 Months I got Smart and Knew I was getting Ripped Off.

First of all  in the first month he paid us half and paid the other half the next month. We started our services based on his payment. So their goes a month just trying to get a finalized contract. For anyone in the Search marketing business you know it takes longer than that to get your websites any ranking at all. So we started half the work, and then the other half of the setup when he paid us the

Second: If he was so smart and knew he was getting ripped off then a question that comes to my mind is: Why would you continue to get ripped off over the next 4 months?  Seriously if you were smart and knowingly getting ripped off why wouldnt you do anything about it? We don't even sign contracts it's a month to month agreement so he was free to go at anytime.

Seriously Foot Doc your statements make no sense.  Yes you have some valid points about the 30 Day Policy and Weve made changes to this and is now have that on all of our agreements. Could we have worked with you to get your domain issue mediated a little better? I think so and we have made some new policies just from your relationship and this situation alone.

We work with our clients as mainly a virtual marketing department. We dont work for them. We help build businesses WITH them and look at things from a different viewpoint. We give recommendations and its up to the company to implement those items.  We cant force them, or get them to take action. We can only offer what works and if they want to implement it then great because it would probably make them a lot of money. If not then thats their decision but we still get paid regardless of whether the company wants to implement certain things or not.  We handle all of the online marketing for businesses generating leads, but sometimes its whats in the current office or retail setting thats preventing them from massive growth. Action needs to be taken from the business owners, and those who do get a massive return on their time
and those who dont fail.

Mr. Dr. Sherayhar Chaudhry charged his monthly subscription to his wife's credit card because his credit card kept on declining. He then had his wife dispute the charges saying his wife never agreed to it and that none of the services were provided. For anyone reading this the credit card company always takes the side of the person with the card. So they were refunded all the money that they paid us. Even though we provided
stack and stacks of paperwork and reports of evidence to this claim, We were out almost 10K. Having gone through this and losing a considerable amount of money, we kept his domain name as collateral until we got paid which never happend.
As one of the fastest growing marketing companys in western canada that provides leading edge training, lead generation and marketing strategies to small businesses we can learn from this.  Can we do
things better? Absolutely. Could we have handled our dealings with the Foot Doc in a better way? Of course. So we appreciate his input and it has helped us out very much internally here at Invigo Marketing Systems. But its pretty harsh to be labeling us as he does.

Theres a lot of stuff in his claim that just doesnt make sense. A smart business man or anyone for that matter Knowing full well they are getting ripped off would NOT continue to do so month after
month. It Just doesnt make sense people.