Complaint Review: Invisiblemask.com

• Submitted: Sun, March 10, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, March 11, 2013

• Reported By: AD — Charlottesville Virginia United States of America
Invisiblemask.com

Invisiblemask.com Invisible Mask Customers beware buying products from invisiblemask.com, Internet

*Author of original report: Updating review on pending refund

Conclusion: I have never had to deal with a seller like Invisible Mask before and I would warn other customers to be aware that the seller/owner (Ken) is a bit crude and perhaps ethically corrupt.

Purchase: I purchased a clear mask on Dec 5, 2012 for the hood and side fenders claimed to provide the most coverage.

Who was wrong: This is where I felt that the product wasnt advertised correctly because to me "most" meant more than 50% coverage. In reality it provided less than 30% coverage. I take partial responsibility for not knowing a whole lot about this product and how this is marketed as most coverage. I admit that I am a little wet behind the ears when it comes to automotive parts.

Where the frustration began: I requested refund for the product and offered to ship it back Owner/seller Ken denied to refund in full and thats when American Express intervened. At this point, I got a nasty email from the owner about how I was committing credit fraud. His exact words "I have informed AMEX that you are possibly committing credit card." I felt that was uncalled for and this coming from someone who had never EVER had to call AmEx/other credit card company before to dispute charges. The same day I got email from Ken again and his response was, "Maybe we should start over, I will allow a return and give a full refund. In return, no bad reviews." Anyways,I sent the item back on Dec 26th through priority mail and notified AmEx. Today is March 10th 2013 and I am told that Seller never got the item back.

Unfortunately, thats the price one has to pay to conduct business over the internet. I lost $150 for this and I think I would be okay with that but I really wonder how Ken sleeps at night ripping off people?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2013 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Invisiblemaskcom/internet/Invisiblemaskcom-Invisible-Mask-Customers-beware-buying-products-from-invisiblemaskcom-1026651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Invisiblemask.com

Updating review on pending refund

AUTHOR: AD - (United States of America)

Summary: I apologize for writing an inaccurate review.

There are a few things I like to point out about my experience and I hope that it would help in your purchasing experience with Invisible Mask.com

1. AmEx takes some time to resolve the dispute inquiry and credit the refund.  I just found out that Seller did indeed refund but the refund wasn't updated in time to be included on my credit card statements.

2. I have no issue with the quality of product. I dont quite understand a lot about paint protection film what most coverage mean, so it would have been great to speak on the phone with someone before placing an order. All this hassle could have been avoided both for me and the Seller if I had spoken with an agent. Unfortunately, I take the  blame for that since I chose not to call before buying the product.

3. Its natural for all of us to be human and respond with frustration. I responded by writing a rash review. I hope not to mislead others with my rash judgment in the future. I would be happy to speak more about it if you have any questions.

Would I do business with invisiblemask again: Yes, definitely because the product is great but I would do my research before placing the order so that I can avoid placing a wrong order