Complaint Review: Invitation Homes

• Updated: Wed, March 26, 2014

• Reported By: Rob — Tampa Florida
Invitation Homes
909 Hampton Oaks Pkwy Ste G Bldg 1 tampa, Florida USA

Invitation Homes Blackstone Group, Riverstone Residential Invitation homes coerced me into vacating the residence early. tampa Florida

*Consumer Comment: Class Action?

On March 6 I was contacted by John Drouin about my rent payment for March but did not make. There was a misunderstanding with the prior portfolio manager Kelly Mursch at the time of the walk-through when I took possession of the residence she indicated that I was paying the last months rent as a part of my deposit. After reviewing payments on imitation homes website I recognize that I did of the last month's payment and made it at that time. Since I have continually had issues contacting the property manager's office i.e. no callbacks I asked John when I could schedule a final walk-through since this was an issue I was having with communication. John said he could schedule the walk-through on March 11 and that imitation homes would refund a prorated amount for the last months rent based on the March 11 walk-through. I gave notice of an intent not to renew on December 27, 2013 this was made to an e-mail message to the following e-mail addresses mperez@invitationhomes.com <mperez@invitationhomes.com>;RPalmer@invitationhomes.com <RPalmer@invitationhomes.com>;these were the portfolio managers at that time.

On January 29 I received an e-mail from Michael Perez and imitation homes indicating that he has not heard from the resident for the renewal of my lease and that he would resend once he does hear from me. I again responded with a copy of the e-mail from December 27 indicating that I did not intend to renew the lease I also sent a hard copy via certified mail.

On March 23, 2014 I received my security deposit refund minus the agreed-upon $35 for lawn mowing from imitation homes. I should receive $1080 in prorated rent for the month of March I contacted John Drouin by e-mail and phone indicating I did not receive a prorated refund. I have yet to hear back from imitation homes. Today March 27 I contacted the corporate number indicating I would like to speak to John and would also like to have the contact information for his supervisor the corporate call number was unable to provide this information but said they would send a message to John.

Invitation homes coerced me into vacating the residence early under the pretense of prorating the last month’s rent based on the walk though date. Their web site indicates Insufficient Notice under my recent activity section I cannot confirm this as the reason since no one from the company will return my calls or emails.

Someone finally contacted me a Julie Weston 813-382-4001 and said she spoke with John he flat out lied that he said the utilities companey would be the prorated refund not the rent.

On March 26, 2014 I finally hear back from John he said that I wasn’t entitled to the prorated refund since my lease wasn’t up that that was only available for people that were month to month. He obviously misinformed me about the prorated refund and said he would talk to Julie Weston his supervisor.  Julie call back and after I spoke with her she said that she needed to talk to John she then returned my call and they came up with a story that he told me that the utility companies would prorate the refund not invitation homes. This is a flat out lie!

I am entitled to the prorated refund $1080.00 that John offered on March 6th based on turning the residence over early.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Invitation-Homes/tampa-Florida-33610/Invitation-Homes-Blackstone-Group-Riverstone-Residential-Invitation-homes-coerced-me-int-1133918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Invitation Homes

Class Action?

AUTHOR: unitedwestand - ()

Please join me in filing a class action against Riverstone Residential. The case is Middlesex County, New Jersey docket MID-L- 4616-14 filed August 2014 against Riverstone Residential Group CA Inc. et al. Please indicate your interest by responding to this post or emailing riverstoneclassaction@gmail.com

The complaint is publicly available at drive.google.com/file/d/0B5yZAnvU-1yxa3Z0OHRFVzdaX3M/edit?usp=sharing