Complaint Review: Invoicing Bureau for The Oprah Magazine Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, January 01, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 01, 2013

• Reported By: Sue — White Marsh Maryland United States of America
Invoicing Bureau for The Oprah Magazine Inc.
P. O. Box 6093 Harlan, Iowa United States of America

Invoicing Bureau for The Oprah Magazine Inc. B. Fichtel, Subscription Services Falsified Billing Statement for Oprah Magazine Subscription is Ridiculous! Requestor Sneaky! Harlan, Iowa

I received two invoices in the last few weeks from "Invoicing Bureau" which were accompanied by letters that stated when I ordered my subscription to O, The Oprah Magazine, that I requested they bill me.  One letter also indicated that I agreed to an auto-renewal of my subscription.  None of this made sense as my daughter ordered a one-year subscription for me via a coupon inside an Oprah Magazine.  I had suggested she give this to me for a Mother's Day present as I enjoyed the magazine.

In 2010 and 2011 I received the "O" Magazine because I ordered it and paid the bill for a one-year subscription.  There were even a few months where I received duplicate magazines since my subscription had not yet expired and the order my daughter placed had started.  There should be no reason that I am now receiving an invoice for two subscriptions which were both paid for. Fortunately I did not pay this recent bill for $19.97 which the invoice claims is for a renewal.  I actually have not even received my January magazine which I find odd because I think I should still receive one or two additional months.

I have never been to the Ripoff Report web site but after seeing other posts about similar invoices from this company I thought it was important to tell my story.  I have no intention of paying these invoices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2013 10:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Invoicing-Bureau-for-The-Oprah-Magazine-Inc/Harlan-Iowa-51593/Invoicing-Bureau-for-The-Oprah-Magazine-Inc-B-Fichtel-Subscription-Services-Falsified-B-989751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Invoicing Bureau for The Oprah Magazine Inc.