Complaint Review: Iola Technologies, LLC

• Updated: Thu, January 10, 2013

• Reported By: Amyjean — Laughlin Nevada United States of America
Iola Technologies, LLC
7470 North Figueroa St. Los Angelos, California United States of America

Iola Technologies, LLC My computer no longer works after check-up by Iolo technologies Los Angelos, California

I got a notice on my laptop computer that there was an important Dell update to my computer so I said okay. My computer was just purchased two months ago from Dell.  Somehow in the middle of what I thought was a Dell update, I got a message from Iolo Technologies that there were problems with my computer. I thought this must be an approved vendor working with Dell.  They wanted a minimum of $9.95 to fix the problems. I thought this was strange because I have a full one-year warranty with Dell, but I thought I needed to get the problems fixed, so I approved the payment to my Visa card.

After Iolo Technologies ran its scan of my computer and supposedly fixed the problems, the program said the computer needed to be restarted and asked if I wanted to restart it now. I said okay. The computer turned off and would not turn back on.  I called Dell Support and they worked with me for an extended period of time that same night (night before last) and Dell was unable to get the computer working again. They told me the mother board and hard drive needed to be replaced and arranged for me to ship my computer back to them.

That is my sad story of my experience with Iolo Technologies. Thank goodness I had a full warranty with Dell.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Iola-Technologies-LLC/Los-Angelos-California-90041/Iola-Technologies-LLC-My-computer-no-longer-works-after-check-up-by-Iolo-technologies-L-994732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Iola Technologies, LLC