Complaint Review: Iolo Technologies

• Submitted: Tue, August 14, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, August 14, 2012

• Reported By: jjandecho — Revere Massachusetts United States of America
Iolo Technologies

Iolo Technologies Will not issue refund for software that does not work after being downloaded Internet

I purchased System Mechanic as my Dell Computer was not running properly.  Very slow to start and getting registry errors.  Dell recommended IOLO's System Mechanic.  What a HUGE mistake that was.

I purchased and downloaded the software in late May of 2012.

Right away it would not download and/or install properly.  I called back and they said they would send me an email telling me how to fix my issue.  Two days later I get an email telling me how to shut of my Windows sidebar.  This did not solve the problem.

I called back.  I was informed that my issue would have to be escalated to a senior engineer.  They will email me instructions with in 48 hours.

Guess what?  No email.  Shocking.  I call back again saying I want a refund if we can't get this resolved over the phone right now.  I am told that their system is down and that I will need to call back later.  They have no idea when it will be back up.  I call back the next day, system is still down.

Grrrr.

I call back a few days later (I am now past the 30 day refund window) and am told that a senior developer will call me back within 48 hours.  I want my money back, they say they will send an email to a manager as well as a supervisor.

Weeks later I hear nothing.  I write a scathing email demanding my money back as PayPal would not  refund my charges (like AMEX would).  They write back asking specifically why I would like my money back.  I tell them b/c Upon installing my new Norton One software it specifically said that IOLO Technologies System Mechanic is not compatible and must be uninstalled.

They write me back saying that they will not be able to issue a refund b/c we are outside of the 30 day refund policy and that they are also compliant with Norton360.  I am not even bothering to write back to them back to remind them that I now have Norton ONE, not 360.

Please reconsider ever purchasing anything from these completely incompetent scam artists!  Their product does not work and they will drag out your solution process past the 30 days so they don't have to issue a refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2012 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Iolo-Technologies/internet/Iolo-Technologies-Will-not-issue-refund-for-software-that-does-not-work-after-being-downl-927025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Iolo Technologies