Complaint Review: Iomega

• Submitted: Mon, July 16, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, July 16, 2001

• Reported By:Rohnert Park Ca
Iomega
1821 West Iomega Way Roy, Utah U.S.A.

Watch out for Iomega Porducts/service

I purchased an Iomega CDR at a local computor store. I was told that if I had problems that Iomega handled all the returns. The CDR($200) never worked properly. I have worked with their tech support, on line and over the phone, 4 times, totalling 6.5 hours. I have unloaded/reloaded, changed the CD brand, Changed the write speed, we have exhausted all avenues. So they are going to exchange it for another. They take a Credit Card # and tell you they will send you one. It never shows up(3 weeks). At this point I have a 200 dollar piece of junk for two months. I take to customer service(?) supervisior, and he tells me that the software for the CDR isn't written by their company, there are downloads to fix. I try that, to no avail! They will not refund, they will only send a replacement. I feel that Iomega has no customer service, and that they have a huge problem with most of their CDR's. So they are going to charge me another $200 for the replacement and when they get the old one back, they will credit my account. Is anyone else having such a lousy time with Iomega???

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Iomega

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Iomega/Roy-Utah-84067/Watch-out-for-Iomega-Porductsservice-5762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Iomega