Complaint Review: Iomega

• Submitted: Mon, February 04, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, February 04, 2002

• Reported By:matawan nj
Nationwide U.S.A.

Constant troubles with IOMEGA!

Ok..where to begin...needed some extra space on our computers but didn't want to go in for new drive prices. We found 2 Iomega 1gig Jaz drives...i mean what could be better? 1 gig at your fingertips on as many carts as u can buy! The first problem was that NO ONE sells the 1 gig carts. Later..after the drives got filled up past 25% they constantly froze the computer. It took me 5 hours to very slowly, file by file remove each item off the drive and back onto my hard drive. A call or 2 and countless emails went to iomega and the drives sit in my closet waiting for return...ONE DAY!

Now I got some extra cash and went looking for a cdr/w. At comp usa they reccomended the iomega zip cdr/w with usb connector. I swear to you it worked all of 1 week. $250 dollars and it worked one week. After many tips from their help center that did nothing to make anything work better, I had a friend who works for micro wharehouse call in a trouble for me on all 3 drives and was told that Iomega had previously LOST A LAWSUIT for knowingly selling drives that don't work!!! Recently, they have been fined a second time for failure to replace anyone's faulty equipment. What do we do about all this??!! Now i have close to $500 in garbage equipment sitting in my closet and iomega doesn't respond to any emails anymore or EVEN respond to the trouble my friend called in. Any ideas on where to go from here?

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Iomega

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Iomega/nationwide/Constant-troubles-with-IOMEGA-13307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Iomega