Complaint Review: Iowa Steak Company

• Updated: Wed, June 27, 2012

• Reported By: Elderly Consumer — Hampton Iowa United States of America
Iowa Steak Company
5412 Miehe Dr. Ste 7 Grimes, Iowa United States of America

Iowa Steak Company CONSUMERS BEWARE-Forceful Salesman tries to take advantage of elderly couple living with son. Grimes, Iowa

My husband, whom has Alzheimer's, was sitting on the front porch of our sons home when 2 salesmen from Iowa Steak Co. approached him.  There is a sign on the door that states "No Solicitors".  My husband came in the house and got me.  The salesmen ask if we would be interested in some top quality meats they were selling at an affordable price.  Since he already had a box of steaks out I took a look at them and proceeded to ask what the price was for the box(the box contained 5 smaller boxes of assorted beef).  He gave me a sales brochure that listed the price at $489.  I politely informed him that it was too much money and we were not interested.  He then offered 3 boxes of meat for the price of 1 ($489).  I told him that right now was not a good time and we simply could not afford it.  He proceeded to say that we did not have to pay for it right away.  They could hold a post-dated check until July, or we could write 2 checks and pay 1/2 in June and the remainder in July.  I told him I was not comfortable with that, I did not want to get myself into a bad situation.  He was very pushy.  I told him I would see if my son wanted to do that.  My son decided to handle the situation and went outside.  He politely told the salesman - "We are not interested" and gave him back his brochure.  The salesman told my son "well that's not up to you".  My son at this point was extremely frustrated and said "well yes it is".  The salesman was persistent until finally my son yelled into the house "does anyone in there want any of this (((REDACTED FOUL LANGUAGE)))

".  I responded "no".  The salesman informed my son that he was very disrespectful, and my son proceeded to inform him that he was the one being disrespectful.  "I have repeatedly told you that we are not interested".  The salesman attempted to intimidate my son with the following remark, "At least I have a job and don't live with my mommy and daddy".  My son replied "get off my property" (and by the way it is his property - we live with him and he works nights!)  As the salesman was walking away he said "(((REDACTED FOUL LANGUAGE)))

".  At this point my son blew his top and said, "(((REDACTED FOUL LANGUAGE)))

".  Anyway it was a horrible experience.  I called the Hampton Police Department and reported the incident.  First thing tomorrow I will be calling the Iowa Attorney Generals Office to make a complaint.  If they come to your door - turn them away immediately!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2012 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Iowa-Steak-Company/Grimes-Iowa-50111/Iowa-Steak-Company-CONSUMERS-BEWARE-Forceful-Salesman-tries-to-take-advantage-of-elderly-876346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Iowa Steak Company