Complaint Review: Iowa Steak Company

• Updated: Sun, July 18, 2010

• Reported By: DJ — Ashland City Tennessee United States of America
Iowa Steak Company
5010 Linbar Dr. Suite 180 Nahville, Tennessee United States of America

Iowa Steak Company Bad Meat .Bad customer Service.Office Phone number a none working number . Nahville, Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: Unreasonable

I bought a case of meat from this salesman for Iowa Steak Company .He tried to get me to let him carry the meat in and put it away for me..I refused but didnt think anything about it at the time. After he was gone I went to put it away and It wasnt completely frozen and it was a 90 degree day..I called the next morning he said he would bring a new case out that evening and replace it. Never showed Never called. I called the next day .He then told me he didnt have any meat and that he was waiting on a delivery but he would be at my house by 5pm ..Again Never showed Never Called .

I have tried for 2 days to reach him.. The Phone number on the front of the recipte that he left is a non working number .Don't buy from these people.My heart goes out to all these people that have bought meet from this company.Right now their meat is just as good as my check. I stopped payment on it.Now I am out the bank fee plus I have a freezer full of bad meat.and can't get anyone on the phone.

'

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2010 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Iowa-Steak-Company/Nahville-Tennessee-37211/Iowa-Steak-Company-Bad-Meat-Bad-customer-ServiceOffice-Phone-number-a-none-working-numb-624463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Iowa Steak Company

Unreasonable

AUTHOR: Windsnake - (United States of America)

As you stated, it was "a 90 degree day," therefore, it is unreasonable to expect anything to be "completely frozen." I'm sure if it were defrosted enough to be suspect, you would have noticed immediately upon visualizing the meat. Slight defrosting under such extreme environmental conditions is expected and will not harm meat provided it is properly cooked to temperature before you consume it. It sounds like you are simply experiencing buyer's remorse, and are about to experience criminal charges and jail time for stopping payment on goods which you still have in your possession.