Complaint Review: Iowa Steak Company

Iowa Steak Company
866 Home Ave. akron, Ohio United States of America

Iowa Steak Company sold us bad meat akron, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Simple

*Consumer Suggestion: Mystery Meats ???

My wife was outside doing yard work when these two guys pulled into the driveway and asked her if she liked steak, She replied yes I do. At that time the sales rep went to the freezer on the back of his truck and came back with a box of steak and a box of chicken. He talked real fast and was showing 12 boxes to my wife, she kept trying to ask him stuff about the product but he just kept talking.

When he was done she asked how much and Mike the sales rep told her $449.00 for the steak and the chicken was free she said that was way to much and he droped $100.00 off the price. So she asked Mike $349.00 for both? he said yes. My wife told him that she would need to call me and Mike said he didnt have time for that, that he had to get going that the company was doing this thing with the childrens hospital burn ward and that he had to report in in 15mins so all the profit will go to the kids.

My wife than said ok for the kids i'll go get my check book, Mike asked her if she could pay cash so he could get the bonus givin by his boss. She said ok. she gave Mike the money and as she was helping him to pack up the meat to bring it into the house, the checken was thawed Mike said he was sorry and that he would bring a fresh case right back, he went to the trck and took off. My wife stood there like is this a joke?? after 15mins she took the meat into the house and put it in our freezer.

When I got home she had told me what happend and I went to my computer and looked up the company. The next day I called and talked to this nice lady and told her the whole story and she said that she would have Mike give us a call. A week went by and I called again and asked the lady if I could talk to some one above her and she put me on hold, a few mins. later a man got on  the phone and I told him the story. He started off by telling me the none of his guys would ever lie to a customer. At that time I got mad because now he was calling my wife a lier, and I asked him for the number to his boss and he told me that he was the Director of operations and he is the top guy in the company and really got rude with me. so I hung up.

The next day I started my own investagation on the Iowa steak co. and found their corps number and called it, I talked to a lady that told me there isn't any Director of Operations in the company that the person I was talking to was Steve the store manager. She told me she would have some one get back with me on my concerns. In the mean time I called the childrens hopital and asked them about their promotion with the Iowa steak company and they had no clue what I was talking about. Now who would stoop so low to sale meat?

Three weeks went by and no one got back with me. I called corp again and they said some one will call me right back. Then a man named Jeff called me and he told me he was Steves boss and that this would be taking care of within the next few days. Two weeks went by and I called and asked to talk to Steve and was told he wasnt there. Two more days went by and I called again and again I asked to talk to Steve and was hung up on.

Well to make a very long stoy short. I never got my money back and im still stuck with this so called meat. The chicken was thawed when we got it and it was only 18lbs. the beef had 19% solutions pumped in it and was only about 30lbs so I paid $9.72 a pound for thawed chicken and $5.83 a pound for beef what a ripoff.

I will continue to investagate this company and I will do everything I can to get the laws changed so no one will need to go through what my wife and I have gone through with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2010 03:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Iowa-Steak-Company/akron-Ohio-44310/Iowa-Steak-Company-sold-us-bad-meat-akron-Ohio-604614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Iowa Steak Company

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"I will do everything I can to get the laws changed so no one will need to go through what my wife and I have gone through with this company."

You cannot legislate common sense.   Buying meat from an unknown source off the back of some random truck flies in the face of common sense.   With the exception of Girl Scouts, I've found that most items that have to be sold door-to-door are done so because the quality is so poor that they can't be sold anywhere else.

Next time some door-to-door salesman asks your wife, "Do you like _____?", her reply should be a simple "No.".

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Mystery Meats ???

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

If you check out their website, iasteak dot com, you'll notice that the USDA grade of the meats is never stated. Also, the 'packages' they have for sale never state the total weight. To top it off it is never stated that the meats are of US origin.

Does your family deserve better?

Folks, play it safe and smart. Buy meat at your local market. See what it looks like in the unfrozen state. Talk to the butcher if you have questions. I guarantee they won't be embarassed to tell you the grade of the meat, its origin and weight. They'll be glad to prepare your cut any way you want and they won't force you to buy $400 worth.