Complaint Review: Iowa Wine Tours, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, March 24, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, March 24, 2011

• Reported By: Laura — Manitowoc Wisconsin United States of America
Iowa Wine Tours, Inc.
427 Shinoak Court Dubuque, Iowa United States of America

Iowa Wine Tours, Inc. Dennis Dieters, President Cancelled tour, kept money Dubuque, Iowa

I booked a four-hour, three winery tour for 3/21/11 and pre-payment in full with a credit card was required at that time, $130.  Three hours prior to the start of the tour, the owner called my hotel and left a message with the desk clerk (he had my cell phone number, so I infer he was trying to avoid speaking with me in person) that due to a family emergency, he was cancelling the tour.  Additionally, he has a NO REFUND policy, and would not return my money.  I called him back and he continuously repeated his "no refund" policy, and then hung up on me.  He has not replied to a follow-up e-mail either.  Therefore, he did not provide the service promised, and he has kept my money.  I reside more than 260 miles from Dubuque and do not have the resources nor the desire to return to the area again.  I want my money refunded to my credit card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2011 05:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Iowa-Wine-Tours-Inc/Dubuque-Iowa-52003/Iowa-Wine-Tours-Inc-Dennis-Dieters-President-Cancelled-tour-kept-money-Dubuque-Iowa-709884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Iowa Wine Tours, Inc.